JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The
Any recommendations on a RMR?
I have a Leupold Delta Point on my G40. It is motion-activated. I have a Vortex on a G19 and a Burris on a G34, Both of these sights work but I do not like having to turn them on or having to leave them on. The sights that aren't motion-activated need co-witness sights, although all of the guns should have them. I have three Sig Romeo's on AR platforms and they are motion activated and work very well. They cost a little over $100 and are a bargain IMO. Is the Leupold worth a few hundred bucks more than the others?

All you have to do to compensate is have a regular battery change schedule
To be fair I did mi-speak. I won't have anything that requires a battery if there is a battery free option. My RomeoZero has a battery I will change along with the red dots I keep on the range queens. Everything else is dual-illum or similar.

To be fair I did mi-speak. I won't have anything that requires a battery if there is a battery free option. My RomeoZero has a battery I will change along with the red dots I keep on the range queens. Everything else is dual-illum or similar.
RMR have the same option with their RM03/04/05/08, which have fiber optics and tritium to illuminate the reticle, but IMO they suck. The problem is under certain (as in too many) lighting conditions they bleed out and become impossible to see. The auto adjusts have the same issue. I'll take batteries and the ability to manually adjust everytime.

RMR have the same option with their RM03/04/05/08, which have fiber optics and tritium to illuminate the reticle, but IMO they suck.
Yep, I have 5 or 6 of them, like them. The bigger dots are dimmer - best to use the finer dots in my experience. I prefer that anyway. The balance of my red dots, outside the RZ, are Holosun solars. They all work fine.

I guess if one uses the little plate underneath most of the battery RMR issues also go away - never had one.

They are absolutely a help if you do not have an astigmatism. My favorites are the Holosun 509T or aim point ACRO

13B7415F-4748-47A0-B995-B079C5D2B940.jpeg A5A77DE8-4C56-45D0-A696-89E6A72E4829.jpeg

I suppose they are a really cool doodad to spend money on. I worry devises that narrow your focus will wind up getting you killed by causing your attention to be drawn away from your peripheral vision. Tunnel vision is not good in a life or death situation.

I suppose they are a really cool doodad to spend money on. I worry devises that narrow your focus will wind up getting you killed by causing your attention to be drawn away from your peripheral vision. Tunnel vision is not good in a life or death situation.
I need to take some good pistol training courses.

They don't narrow your focus if you don't chase the dot. They are meant to allow you to keep an open view of what's going on in front of you and being target focused. You don't focus on the dot like a front sight.

A RDS does the opposite of what you describe when used properly. The idea is to focus on the threat/target and superimposed the red dot rather that focus on it. If anything costs you peripheral vision or gives tunnel vision it is focusing on the front sight with the necessity to align three things. An RMR is not just a "cool doodad to spend money on" it is force multiplier and anyone that says otherwise is straight-up full of crap. Are they really needed? Anybodies call but I'd rather have one than not.

I'm always amazed when people in the firearm world are SO AGAINST anything "new". From Glocks to RMRs to ARs to 6.5CM. Some think gun technology should have stopped with the invention of color TV. And the arguments I hear against it are MOSTLY baseless claims without any real experience. "Narrowing focus" is one of them.

I'm always amazed when people in the firearm world are SO AGAINST anything "new". From Glocks to RMRs to ARs to 6.5CM. Some think gun technology should have stopped with the invention of color TV. And the arguments I hear against it are MOSTLY baseless claims without any real experience. "Narrowing focus" is one of them.
Yep. Once upon a time I was all about my M1a & 1911 and didn't want anything to do with ARs, AKs or Glocks. Then I woke up and realized I was stagnant in my thought process. Never again, that goes for a lot more than guns.

For a long time I was in that camp especially concerning optics . My position started to change as my close up vision started getting worse purely as a condition of the aging process . Before that though I was the leader of the iron sight mafia and would laugh / heckle anyone who wanted optics on a gun , irons are great until you have a problem seeing them.

With my reading / computer glasses I can see the sights perfectly and still shoot well with them . Having said that I do not need corrective vision for everything in my life and I am not going to wear glasses all the time just in case I might need to shoot a gun.

On the same topic I also appreciate quality much more than I used to in a scope. Anyone who makes the argument that price doesn't matter in optical quality is in for a very rude surprise once their close vision starts to deteriorate as they mature the condition is called Presbyopia and its quite normal for people as they get into their 40's

from the Mayo Clinic

Presbyopia is the gradual loss of your eyes' ability to focus on nearby objects. It's a natural, often annoying part of aging. Presbyopia usually becomes noticeable in your early to mid-40s and continues to worsen until around age 65.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top