JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well we decided to go fish yesterday. I forget how different it all is here compared to Hawaii. Even the gear we bought yesterday.

But was a darn good time and we will be going more often for sure.

Anyone in Eugene/Springfield area that wanna give pointers or even good spots to go, chime in. This is all so different to me but would be nice to learn more.

We bought the basics yesterday, but I didn't wanna buy stuff that is pointless or doesn't work etc.

Little one sure had a blast though.

20200505_140859.jpg

I figured I'd look and see where they might be stocking some trout near Springfield, but the state of Oregon doesn't want you out there. :s0054: I'd be reeeeel careful about just pulling off the road and fishing water that you have not checked for being open to fishing. Oregon's rules are very convoluted. The stater/sheriff won't care that you just getting your little girl some fresh air entertainment. You/her will get a ticket.

I'm not real familiar with the area but you might grab some worms, (and/or shrimp from a meat counter?), and head to Fernhill Res. At the South end where 126 runs there are a couple of pull outs where you might get to the water. Not sure what you'll catch? But water like that always has something that will bite a worm or shrimp. I'm pretty sure all the parks around Fernhill will be closed. But you never know? Der Fuhrer brown may have opened something for day use?

Read through the regulations, that will tell you which waters you can fish when. The Breitenbush and Blue river are about the only rivers stocked with trout and have retention of trout. The reservoirs are good spots in that area as well.
Good advice above. Although it is unlikely you are to get checked, the fines can be steep.

Edit to add link:

So if you happen to make a trip north to Wa, I know a guy who has a really nice boat, knows of a great fish producing Lake and knows how to catch those fish.
Imagine that this guy even posts "Open Seats" to fellow members here.:)

So if you happen to make a trip north to Wa, I know a guy who has a really nice boat, knows of a great fish producing Lake and knows how to catch those fish.
Imagine that this guy even posts "Open Seats" to fellow members here.:)

One of these days Jim. I'd sure like to give that a shot.

The fishing regulations are supposed to be better than when I was fishing in Oregon. +1 on reading the regulations. ODFW has the stocking information. I doubt they've stocked in a while though.

I only fly fish, so I can't help you much with lewers and bait.

The fishing regulations are supposed to be better than when I was fishing in Oregon. +1 on reading the regulations. ODFW has the stocking information. I doubt they've stocked in a while though.

I only fly fish, so I can't help you much with lewers and bait.
In Oregon; they took down the stocking schedule but promised to continue stocking on a slightly adjusted timeline to prevent crowding and sustain fishing opportunities. The out of state license ban has been lifted.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top