JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been after a higher power scope for my heavy barrel 223 Wylde AR I built, but really didn't want to lay out the $900 plus I figured it would take to get the glass I was after. I have been reading about Riton for a couple years now and it has been mostly all positive, so I took a chance on the rt-s mod 7 4-20x50 model. I paid $399 before tax through amazon with free shipping. There has been some slightly better deals on this scope but they are all out of stock. Riton is a US (Arizona) based company owned and operated by law enforcement and military vets. They claim to design and test all their products in Arizona. Most of the manufacturing seems to be in Japan using Japanese glass. Some of their lower tier stuff may be assembled in China, or was assembled in China using Japanese glass. All recent press seems to indicate all Japanese manufacturing throughout their line up. In either case they claim to QC every piece back here in the US. The Model 7 line is HD/ED glass and just my initial impression it is very clear. The box it came in was quite large and very protective. Besides the scope it comes with sunshade, flip up caps, quick start user manual , lens cloth and some warranty info. The use manual is pretty basic but is well written being clear and to the point. Full manual can be obtained from their website. Speaking of the warranty it is as good as anything in the industry. They claim to have a no questions asked warranty and will replace rather than repair for a quick turn around. Their only disclaimer is for unauthorized repair or alteration or deliberately worn products whatever that implies.

I mounted it on my AR using a 30mm Warne one piece skeleton mount. DF442D45-9214-4231-A833-2ED28269511F.jpeg
The eye relief is very generous even at full power allowing me to mount it further forward than many scopes. They claim 3.9" in the specs and I believe it. Exposed turrets are the type you lift to adjust and remain locked when pushed in the down position. They are both 1/4 moa. Resetting turrets to zero is easily accomplished once rifle is zeroed. Total adjustment is claimed to be 91 moa. The turrets adjustment is firm but smooth with audible and very distinct detents. 0B9EBD9A-4096-452F-94CF-38537F9BA639.jpeg

The side adjust parallax is marked 10yds to infinity and is firm but smooth with no detents. It seemed to focus well at all distances even close in (20' or so). The reticle focus is also firm but smooth and brought the reticle in fine focus both wearing gasses and with my naked eyes. 02F9084A-1ADD-4F96-A9A7-112AC117292B.jpeg

The reticle is a duplex style with 2moa hash marks on both the horizontal and vertical (below crosshair) fine portion of reticle. This reticle is simple and uncluttered and well suited for hunting. The fine portion of the duplex reticle is .2moa which I thought might be too thick for smaller varmints but with such clear glass and being a SFP reticle I think it will suffice.

88A5FF46-8E8E-4A04-A8E8-EADE2D57B238.png
I took out my 6.5 CM with Swaro z5 3.5-18x44 glass on it and compared to the Riton with both on 18x. Surprisingly the Riton held it's own against the Swarovski glass in this somewhat limited trial. I say this because I could only look a couple hundred yards out the garage door as. it was a foggy rainy day. A different venue and conditions will be needed to really do a proper comparison. All in all I am happy so far and it looks like the Riton will be a good value. It is a bit heavy (31 oz) for a lighter field rifle but no worries on this build as she is already quite portly and mostly a bench fixture with some prone thrown in. I will reserve final judgement until I can shoot it in different conditions at different ranges. I will update as I shake it out. Here is a spec sheet on the scope from Riton's web page.

9DDE2300-2462-4583-988D-03188DC85CA4.jpeg

Last Edited:
I got this set up out to the range today and I have to say I am still favorably impressed. The day was perfect with ever changing light conditions and even a little mirage to contend with when the sun peaked out for a bit. The clarity was fantastic in all conditions allowing for precise aiming. I didn't do a box test but did dial scope in for three different loads I was testing and tracking was spot on. The group of the day was 5 shots in 3/4" at 200yds and I didn't need a spotting scope to discern it, as the Riton pulled double duty. I have to say I think Riton may be a name we all start hearing more about.

Last Edited:
I just bought the same scope on a whim. It was deeply discounted, so I thought I'd take a chance. Kinda heavy, seems well made.
I'm glad to hear you're liking yours, makes me hopeful!
Thanks for the review, looking forward to hearing how it holds up.

I liked this scope enough to order a riton mod 5 gen2 4-16x50 that should be here today. I am gonna mount it on a custom lightweight AR in 260 rem for now. More range time this weekend to check both scopes out.;)

I own 5 of their scopes, and their binos. I'm a big fan, especially with their quality at the price point. I've had to use their warranty, and it was hassle free. Great choice on your scope, and enjoy the heck out of it.

I snagged (2) Mod 7 5-25x56 when Woot was (back in stock) blowing them out for $329 each. Japanese made scope, FFP, 34MM tube, and under $350?? SIGN ME UP!

The scopes have far exceeded their price tags. Only gripes would be the stiff turrets and lack of a zero-stop. I wouldn't pay the normal going price of around $1,000 but they are well worth it at the current sale price.

The 4-16x50 wide fov model has been equally as impressive especially considering what I paid for it. The glass on it is very clear and bright and it also tracks well. It also weighs in at a more reasonable 20 oz. As soon as riton releases a pair of 7 or 8x binocs I will be getting a pair for the boat. Riton is legit!

I have two of the mod5's 6-24x50, one is a gen 1 and other is gen 2, I think? For the price they seem to be pretty awesome. One I bought used for $300 with some extras, and a new one that was sub $500 after tax. I don't notice much difference comparing them to my Vortex Viper in the same size at twice the price. The Ritons I have are FFP and my Vortex is SFP, I do like the FFP better. The Ritons have a lit reticle that I never use, but its there if I want it. Very happy and will purchase the brand again without hesitation. I did talk to one of their representatives at a show and really liked what he had to say. No BS, just some tips and recommendations for the future, and I like that. Also after he learned I have purchased their products he handed me a free hat, cant beat that. After reading prices above I need to find better places to shop? Lol

IMG_0956.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top