JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone ever seen one of these? Tried one of their optics? Own one of their optics?

Do you know anything about them? So I went to two different FFL's today for transfers and found at Rehv Arms two Riton Optic scopes. I picked one up and looked through it. One word describes the clarity of the glass, WOW! Now I was curious about the company and their products. The guy said that they are made at the same factory in Japan as the Vortex Razor HD. So, this peaked my interest. Then I was told that they were veteran owned and retired law enforcement. Next he said that they are about a third of the cost of the razor hd. (Now we are talking; my price range). So I ask about the warranty. He said lifetime warranty. I responded with, "like Vortex!" He said, "nope; better!" I think yeah right. He explained that with Vortex they fix the optic and with Riton they just replace it.

I know! Replace it! My skepticism had me looking at their website. I also decided to get feedback from my friends here! So, I say again... any experience? Oh yeah here's their website for those that are curious.

Tactical and Hunting Rifle Scopes & Red Dot Sights | Riton USA

I know a friend of my SIL lives in Montana and that is the only scope that he runs on any of his hunting rifles! He loves them!

I have heard nothing but GREAT things about them. :)

Japanese glass is the best. As far as the "lifetime warranty" goes...sounds great, unless they go out of business. I experienced this with Zen-Ray Optics, out of Beaverton. I own a pair of their binoculars and a spotting scope.

This reminds me of that line in Zohan when the guys are selling crap electronics saying "It's Sony guts".
"Going out of business is good for business!"
lol, my only thing is that looking through the glass at the shop it was crystal clear. I have Vortex, Swarovski, Leupold and a Burris now and this one I was checking out could rival any of them and even surpass the glass quality.

I responded with, "like Vortex!" He said, "nope; better!" I think yeah right. He explained that with Vortex they fix the optic and with Riton they just replace it.
Vortex fixes it if they can, they'll replace it if they can't. But as usual, a clerk behind the counter will say something just to sell it to you.

I just want it to last! My only complaint is that they don't have any illuminated ones that have a green dot!
Run it hard through it's paces. You'll find out pretty quick. Keep us in the loop. I am a firm believer that you pay extra money just because it says Swarovski on it. Not taking away from the quality of the Alpha scopes, but it's still true.

I almost got a Sig P226 Scorpion. Guy came in and the shop offered him $400 and I told the guy I'll pay for the Glock he wanted in exchange for the 226. Might be the reason why he tried selling me the scope?!

A brief overview of their website looks a lot like several of the Athlon models with small cosmetic differences. Their rings and one piece mounts look like crap you'd buy on eBay for $5-$10 bucks. I wish them luck but.....

Back in San Jose a shop I frequented was selling "Bishop" rifle scopes and the model he had was a direct copy of a Vortex Strike Eagle
Bishop is a local area ammo maker that wanted to branch out.
I'm guessing it is the Vortex mfr farming out excess production run stuff or else doing contract work.
That said... Does anyone know of dealers in the Vancouver/Portland area that has some of these?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top