JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a lot easier to overcharge a 9mm to dangerous levels than it is a 223
Generally speaking yes, it would be easier to overcharge a 9mm than .223 unless someone TOTALLY spaced it and say left pistol powder in a measure, and adjusted it for a .223 charge, and loaded away.

I have heard of this a couple times in my shooting 'life' where someone loaded rifle rounds with Bullseye or similarly 'fast' powders - with expected results - and recently read of it happening on another forum.

Even loading my .30-30 rounds with 9-10 grains of Unique a double charge would not overflow and I am very careful when loading them and have a 'procedure' I use which nearly eliminates the possibility of a double charge.

Personally, if they were .223 rounds, I'd ponder it a bit, but ultimately I'd probably break them down and reload them again myself.

9mm though? I wouldn't even consider shooting.

It's a lot easier to overcharge a 9mm to dangerous levels than it is a 223.... some of these 88gr nosler rounds I can barely get fit the normal amount of powder in the case/
It's way easier to put 25 grains of Bullseye into a 5.56 case than it is a 9mm case.
lol

I wouldn't shoot anyone's reloads....I lost a really nice Remington 03A3 Rifle that way.
No one was hurt , but the rifle was wrecked and could only be parted out.
Andy

Ditto, more or less. Not a wrecked gun, but a slightly burnt hand for Son-in-law, could have been much worse. This was ammo from a commercial reloader (miwall).

I do not trust reloaded ammo by anybody but myself, and I certainly would not shoot (much less buy) reloads from a gun shot that come in a baggie. :eek:

Did it come like this?
Like Nancy Reagan said" Just Say No!"

FC7E2337-55DA-45B5-86D0-8722D562059B.jpeg

Makes me wonder what part of living is worth the risk to you?
In my working years, I ate a ton of food from food trucks. Some of the best tongue tacos I've ever had. Patronizing them along with many others allowed several to eventually open their own store. Ate fat preserved pork nearly rancid from the bottom of a three month old crock when some farms still had yet to get electricity. Shared who knows how old game food kept alive by reheating every day and adding a little more when found with squatters on the back trails of Canada. Ate smoked monkey meat from the streets of Manilla and a sort of lobster thermidor from a tent in Olongapo, drank hand squeezed (literally) orange juice and ate bananas hand cut and sun dried on rocks near Singapore. Shared food with indigenous folks living in dirt floor huts of Brazil.
All were strangers to me.
The only time I got sick was from some shrimp I ate at the Oyster Bar restaurant, Portland in 1971. A certified establishment no less.
I'm over seventy, Apparently an anomaly it would seem, still alive, and would eagerly do it all over again If God would give me the chance.

This is ironic, since I'm usually the one some people consider a bit fool-hardy in my reloading practices. I even grew up drinking unpasteurized milk and eating all kinds of things that didn't come from a grocery store or restaurant.

I think you missed the point of my post. It wasn't that anything not FDA-approved will kill you, but that if you didn't make it yourself, or know something about whoever did, then you don't know what's in it. It might be fine, it might not. Most likely it is, in the same way that most likely those random reloads are fine. We all take our own chances, and some people are more comfortable with risk than others.

If I was traveling the world and found myself in a mud hut in the jungle somewhere, I suppose I'd eat what was offered me.

However- If I was at a sporting event somewhere, and had the choice to buy a sandwich at a concession stand, or save a couple bucks buying one from some sketchy guy selling then out of the trunk of his car, I'm going to buy from the concession stand every time. That's the point I was trying to make.

I didnt care about reloads until I got an incredibly dangerous batch of .308 and a weak brass case box of .45
Now I dont shoot reloads people have home brewed unless I know them well.

Edit:
.308 ammo was included in an old cetme package purchase. So old I dont remember if it was from here or Outdoorstrader (when they were still up)
Anyone local who wants to take one apart to see how over loaded it is is welcome to one round, just dont shoot it!

The .45 was from a client.. loaded correctly.. but the brass had been used a few times and I was getting side wall splitting nearly every other round.

outdoorstrader was my site! Back in the days of parking lot deals. Miss the Freedom. SB941 screwed it all up.

Hello,

Can you tell me in an open forum or in a private message what STORE lost it's FFL repacking FACTORY AMMO in smaller bags?

Was it in Polson, Ronan, Kalispell or where?

Thanks and take care.

Cate

NORMANATOR - Poster from Polson, Montana,

Can you tell me the name of the store that lost it's FFL on an open forum here or in a message to me?

Thank you.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews