JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So super noob friend went to gun store to buy some targets and asks if they have any 9mm. Of course they dont BUT employee sells her a baggie of 20 reload rounds.

I'm mostly a noob myself and have only shot factory rounds. Should I be worried? If it matters, my guns are Glock 19, 48 and CZ 75 P01.

disappointed oh no GIF by Loly in the sky

I was standing near a guy who was shooting reloads in his new Springfield XDM 40, when the loaded chamber indicator blew outta the slide & bounced off his forehead-- it was quite messy & after that Springfield told him to pound sand

Id shoot them, but i like to live on the edge, I guess.

I bought a 1000rds of .44mag from a member on here a long time ago, I have shot a few rounds. they worked and I didnt die or loose a gun, nowadays the site has a warning about reloaded ammo, and theres some weird law about being legal to reload ammo and sell it. idk...

I didnt care about reloads until I got an incredibly dangerous batch of .308 and a weak brass case box of .45
Now I dont shoot reloads people have home brewed unless I know them well.

Edit:
.308 ammo was included in an old cetme package purchase. So old I dont remember if it was from here or Outdoorstrader (when they were still up)
Anyone local who wants to take one apart to see how over loaded it is is welcome to one round, just dont shoot it!

The .45 was from a client.. loaded correctly.. but the brass had been used a few times and I was getting side wall splitting nearly every other round.

Last Edited:
To paraphrase another member here from a recent similar thread: would you eat a sandwich made by some random stranger? Is it safe?

Who knows? It might be the tastiest thing you ever ate, made by a true gourmet, or you might die of food poisoning. It's not worth the risk to me.

Add me to the throw them in the trash idea. I have often used commercial reloads in the past. Back when we were not allowed to just order ammo without an FFL. No way in hell would I shoot any made by someone I did not know REALLY well.

So super noob friend went to gun store to buy some targets and asks if they have any 9mm. Of course they dont BUT employee sells her a baggie of 20 reload rounds.

I'm mostly a noob myself and have only shot factory rounds. Should I be worried? If it matters, my guns are Glock 19, 48 and CZ 75 P01.

This does not make sense to me.

I have NOT read the entire thread yet but I will after I am through posting to you.

First of all, your friend went to a GUN STORE and an employee there SELLS him a 'bag' of reloaded ammo.

Was the ammo made by a LICENSED and RESPONSIBLE FFL MAN who makes ammunition legally?

If that was NOT the case, how the heck can an EMPLOYEE IN A GUN STORE sell a BAG of 'reloaded ammo' like that? This does not add up to me at all.

Is the gun store OWNER aware of what his employee is doing?!

A person can NOT legally make ammo and SELL IT unless they are licensed and so forth.

A person can make ammunition for himself or his family if he decides to do this but he can NOT SELL it unless he is checked out and has approval by .gov.

Plus he has to be up to industry standards just like ammunition factories have to be checked out.

Plus how would your friend even KNOW who the heck made it and IF it was made properly, safely and up to factory's type specifications?

Disclaimer: I do not reload. I never did reload. My late husband did not reload.

My MT husband reloads for himself and has since the early 70's. He reloads safely and is accurate. I have shot some of his reloaded ammo in the past too. I shot a LOT of factory ammo too. I only shoot RF - 22lr and 22wmr ammunition now. NO CF firearms at all.

Old Lady Cate
PS: I know several FFL people. Some of them are my friends too. Some sell firearms, etc. AND some of them are LEGAL - licensed and approved to make ammunition too.

Last Edited:

PS:

YES, you and your friend should be concerned! It sounds pretty stupid to me and still does NOT add up. NO offense to you when it comes to your 'friend'.

Concerned?! So should the GUN STORE OWNER if he has an employee who is selling 'reloaded' ammo in a BAG on the side too.

Especially if it is not made by a licensed and approved FFL ammunition maker.

Cate

I read the entire thread and I would NOT have bought ammo in a BAG nor would I shoot AMMUNITION made by someone that I did NOT know extremely well or TRUST.

Period!

It was a crazy and stupid decision made by your friend.

And it still does NOT ADD UP that some gun store employee IS selling 'reloaded ammo in a bag' like that at all to me!

Crikey, it sounds like some criminal or shady person selling drugs in a bag ON THE SIDE - nuts!

Cate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top