JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Libke was shot Sunday when he responded to a 911 call reporting a house fire in the 800 block of Linn Avenue in Oregon City. Other responding officers shot and killed the shooting suspect and owner of the burned home, Lawrence Cambra, 88."

Makes you wonder...? Prayers for the family. R.I.P. Officer Libke.

"He Answered The Call"

Today in the sun, I bid him farewell
A man, a hero, I never knew well

Like many before him, who answered the call
Wearing a badge, he was destined to fall

Though by choice a long life and a happy old age
Would he have chosen, had he written the page

But the office he chose never promised long life
Just half of his salary, for his child and his wife

He went without fear, into the darkness of night
Bringing comfort to some, to some others light

Easing their pain and calming their fears
He did his duty, never asking for cheers

A husband, a cop, he answered the call
We bid him farewell for he gave his all

by

DKB

Sergeant ~ Norfolk (VA) Police Department

This sounds like an intentional ambush. Light a fire, shoot a cop! Unless my memory is at fault, wasn't there an almost identical incident back east at the time of Sandy Hook?

RIP Officer Libke. Bless his family.

This sounds like an intentional ambush. Light a fire, shoot a cop! Unless my memory is at fault, wasn't there an almost identical incident back east at the time of Sandy Hook?

RIP Officer Libke. Bless his family.

I would think so but the shooter was a 88 year old man. Really makes you wonder though of the why.

ABOUT THE OREGON FALLEN BADGE FOUNDATION

There is a website that you can donate to the family.
My thoughts are, will his wife and kids get any benefits since he was a volunteer as a reservist and not actually employed by Oregon City ?

The Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation (OFBF) was founded in the spring of 2011 by several Oregon law-enforcement honor-guard commanders and coordinators. It provides support for the planning and execution of law-enforcement memorial services throughout the state in order to ensure fallen officers are given the full honors to which they are entitled.

Funded entirely by private and public donations, the Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. As such, all donations made to the foundation are tax-deductible. Anyone wishing to donate to help support and offset the costs of the memorial service may do so at this time on the Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation website at:

Support Us!.

Additional information about the Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation is available on their site: Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation

I don't know why but i feel like it's worse that he was a reserve. I've looked closely into becoming one and what you have to go through and what you get, on top of still doing your own job, seems even more of a waste somehow.

ANNOUNCEMENT: CELEBRATION OF LIFE SERVICE FOR FALLEN OREGON CITY POLICE RESERVE OFFICER ROBERT LIBKE

News Release from Oregon State Police
Posted on FlashAlert: November 7th, 2013 11:23 AM

Downloadable file: /images/news/2013-11/1002/69033/Officer_Robert_Libke.jpg

The following details are being released regarding the Celebration of Life for fallen Oregon City Police Reserve Officer Robert Libke:

Date/Time:
Thursday, November 14, 2013,at 1:00 p.m.

300 N. Winning Way
Portland, Oregon 97222

The service is open to the public.

Additional details including law enforcement staging, procession, parking, seating and other important details will be provided in future news releases and may also be found at:

Oregon City Police Department website at http://www.orcity.org/police
Oregon City Police Department's FlashAlert newsfeed Oregon City Police Dept. news via FlashAlert.Net
Oregon City Police Department Twitter @OCPolice
Oregon City Police Department Facebook https://www.facebook.com/OCPolice
Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation Facebook https://www.facebook.com/oregonfallenbadge

The Clackamas County Peace Officers' Benevolent Foundation has set up a donation fund at Clackamas Federal Credit Union to help Officer Libke's family. For details, click here: Oregon City Officer Robert Libke Fund - The Clackamas County Peace Officers? Benevolent Foundation

The Robert Libke Celebration of Life service is being organized with the help of the Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation (OFBF). Founded in the spring of 2011 by several Oregon law-enforcement honor-guard commanders and coordinators, the non-profit organization provides support for the planning and execution of law-enforcement memorial services throughout the state in order to ensure fallen officers are given the full honors to which they are entitled. Anyone wishing to donate to help support and offset the costs of the memorial service may do so at this time on the Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation website at Support Us!.

NOTE: Media representatives planning on attending the memorial service are asked to send an email by Tuesday, November 12, to [email protected]. More information and guidelines to assist media will be provided at a later date.

###

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads