JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its a law suit waiting to happen, prosecutors live for a person who buys something like this whose intend by sales is to cause extensive bodily harm. My post is purely from a legal standpoint as I can see right away a law suite.
Reminds me of how people booby trap you house to kill and intruder, We must remember we are only protected in a response to use reasonable force and deadly force when life is in danger, not to kill. There is no law that says you can kill someone, there is one to protect yourself. So keep in mind why you want to quickly eliminate a threat, I would air on caution buying a round whos only intent is to be a man killer, we all know that's what a prosecutor will push for.

As always Salted Weapon brings up the logical point in all this. I think that you are dead on with the legal issues involved in having that round in your gun. You will be made to look as though you are looking to kill anyone who crosses you rather than protecting yourself. It is not something I will load up with other than maybe to shoot at a few deep targets to see what it really does. I will stick to the rounds that I have been using for self defense. Too many people think that because someone comes in your house or yard, screams at you in a parking lot you can go ahead and draw your weapon. They need to be coming at you and you need to be in fear for your life or serious harm to you or others. Minus a weapon man up and use your common sense to decide what should happen. Just because you have a gun does not mean you use it against any possible threat that comes your way. Or go ahead and spend the rest of your life in jail.

I don't see any issue unless it's a civil suit, especially with that "Multiple Bystander Impact Tech" bullet. I hate courts but even I might file a suit if you hit someone who was close to me with one of those frags

I don't see any issue unless it's a civil suit, especially with that "Multiple Bystander Impact Tech" bullet. I hate courts but even I might file a suit if you hit someone who was close to me with one of those frags

Bound to happen. In the videos of this and that "buckshot" one these things look like a innocent bystander lawsuit waiting to happen. If I want to have something spread out I will stick to the shotguns.

In Kalifornia there were many law suits for those using Hollow points and FMJ, they used what ever they could to feed the media to believe they are harmful even though they are basically night day on what they will do.
It had to be one of the earlier media fed issues in 1980 Kalifornia.

:confused:

I am confused. So you are saying they sued for using hollow points yet they also sued for using fmj? I am recovering from pneumonia so maybe I am a little slow but that seems as though they are just going after everything under the sun that can come out of a gun. What other choices are there to defend yourself with a pistol. Use soft tipped lead and they would call that as they did the HP and FMJ. I hate California. I have to go at least a couple times a year and other than loving way northern cali for the fishing and beautiful outdoors I cannot stand that I cannot carry there.

I am confused. So you are saying they sued for using hollow points yet they also sued for using fmj? I am recovering from pneumonia so maybe I am a little slow but that seems as though they are just going after everything under the sun that can come out of a gun. What other choices are there to defend yourself with a pistol. Use soft tipped lead and they would call that as they did the HP and FMJ. I hate California. I have to go at least a couple times a year and other than loving way northern cali for the fishing and beautiful outdoors I cannot stand that I cannot carry there.

And they cause cancer in Kalifornia
:D

The tester said that further in-depth videos are coming. He just wanted to put a quick first shot out there and noticed that the gel block looked like it had been shot with two 22LR.

I'm kind of surprised this thread has gone this far. There are so many other, not to mention less expensive and proven, hollow points out there. Get those. Get two boxes for the price you would have gotten a ten pack of these.

This is simply a well advertised product.

I'll stick with critical duty.

However. I'll be interested in seeing this in slug form for 12g.

Imagine as Salted Weapon said. The DA is making a case you are a scum bag who was looking to kill with your gun rather than simply defend yourself. They will even use the name RIP in their defense. "what kind of person picks RIP for their self defense purpose with all the other proven choices out there"

So dramatic, interesting round...

But no thanks, I think I'll stick with my Federal HST's and Speer Gold Dot's... They have a reputation of performance in the real world...

Self defense ammo needs street credibility, not glitzy promos...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top