JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had the honor of having dinner with Neil Armstrong and his wife in 1994. He was a gracious gentleman who seemed to be happy to have receded into his private life of raising horses just north of Cincinnati.

I also remember being glued to the set when I was a kid in late July of 1969, watching his first steps on the moon. First words were, "Tranquility base here. The Eagle has landed." Our whole family cheered. It was Vietnam time, but we were proud about this. Then the NASA controllers told him and Buzz Aldrin to try to get some sleep before the big walk. But they couldn't. So NASA let them out early, and by pre-arrangement Armstrong walked down the steps first. I thought he said, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." And I was confused. What does that mean? It turns out what he really said was, "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." Makes much more sense but often misquoted.

RIP, Commander Armstrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top