JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have just recently joined this forum, and somehow stumbled upon this thread.

I read through all of the responses and definitely shed more than a couple of tears while doing so. His passing left a void that can never be filled.

All I can say is thank you all!

~LLL - Larry's youngest son.
Welcome! Your father was a great man and was loved on the forums, he will be greatly missed.

@Silentpew I didn't have the chance to get to know your father well only becoming an active member comparatively recently, but we did do a little business and I wish *everybody* were as solid as he was. Be proud of him--how he governed himself in his dealings with others is a good star for anyone to steer their own by. :)

I still get sad when his avatar pops up from an old thread that gets responded to.

Kind of miss him bringing a good dialogue here and there.

Made me sad, he was a voice of reason in a cage full of Monkeys.
Decided after reading this took my son to go visit his Great Gma, and GPa at the cemetery.
Think I will go in work in the shop...... think about all that knowledge he gave us.....

Larry (IronMonster) and I spoke several times, during his Aero Precision - AR308 Build. His drive and determination, along with his countless other builds, I thought I was bad with my affliction.

He started a thread about his build here if the forums. I watched, as he gathered and shared the parts list, as he wasn't entirely sure his choices would all work as he'd planned. He never seemed frustrated when things didn't play out, he just ordered more parts, and rolled with it, since the AR308's were in their own breed.

Back when Larry was building, there wasn't really a lot of documented "what worked" from a single source. This dedication and drive inspired me. His drive he displayed, also inspired me to want an AR308.

I spoke to IronMonster via private messaging, several times during his build. He never seemed frustrated when his build didn't work. He LOLLED (laughed) at himself many times. I told I.M. I was thinking of building a AR308, but I was waiting for him to work out all the kinks first. He laughed at me a lot for that, and said he knew why. He bought parts he thought would work, and when they didn't, he tossed them in a box. Said by the time he got it all figured out, he would have enough spare parts to build five more. We both laughed at the approach. I REALLY laughed at the determination.

I understood a little more, how his collection had grown. LOL.
Shortly after I decided to to start my AR308 build, IronMonster was scarce here on the forums. I didn't think much of it, considering his job, and his then recent relocating to Idaho. I went on with my build, which I did finally finish.

Larry, you will be missed. I had no idea you suffered from the demon, and if I'd known, would have given an ear at any time.
I'm sorry to hear you are no longer with us.

Rest In Peace.
Maybe give the Pearly Gates a custom IronMonster upgrade. They're a little dated.

I'm reminded of IM every time I shoot the AR500 targets he made for me. Like others, my heart sinks a bit when an old thread pops up from IronMonster, Sgt Nambu, Salmonriver John.

Larry (IronMonster) and I spoke several times, during his Aero Precision - AR308 Build. His drive and determination, along with his countless other builds, I thought I was bad with my affliction.

He started a thread about his build here if the forums. I watched, as he gathered and shared the parts list, as he wasn't entirely sure his choices would all work as he'd planned. He never seemed frustrated when things didn't play out, he just ordered more parts, and rolled with it, since the AR308's were in their own breed.

Back when Larry was building, there wasn't really a lot of documented "what worked" from a single source. This dedication and drive inspired me. His drive he displayed, also inspired me to want an AR308.

I spoke to IronMonster via private messaging, several times during his build. He never seemed frustrated when his build didn't work. He LOLLED (laughed) at himself many times. I told I.M. I was thinking of building a AR308, but I was waiting for him to work out all the kinks first. He laughed at me a lot for that, and said he knew why. He bought parts he thought would work, and when they didn't, he tossed them in a box. Said by the time he got it all figured out, he would have enough spare parts to build five more. We both laughed at the approach. I REALLY laughed at the determination.

I understood a little more, how his collection had grown. LOL.
Shortly after I decided to to start my AR308 build, IronMonster was scarce here on the forums. I didn't think much of it, considering his job, and his then recent relocating to Idaho. I went on with my build, which I did finally finish.

Larry, you will be missed. I had no idea you suffered from the demon, and if I'd known, would have given an ear at any time.
I'm sorry to hear you are no longer with us.

Rest In Peace.
Maybe give the Pearly Gates a custom IronMonster upgrade. They're a little dated.

Gosh, thanks for that my NWFA Brother. :s0090:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads