JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those of us who have studied that war understand the sacrifices made by Mr. Winters and other like him. The responsibility of keeping their memory alive now falls to those who, like me, know our nation owes a tremendous debt to that generation. I had the great honor to have a Sliver Star awardee in my family, and to have known another hero, Rex T. Barber. Both my uncle and Mr. Barber were self-depreciating of their exploits and both claimed that they were not heroes. I contend that all who served in that time of need were.

My uncle passed away last month. He was awarded a Purple Heart from being wounded in the Battle of the Bulge. He didn't think that he did anything special and would always down play it if asked. In fact, I know more about what happened than his own children as my dad is/was very proud to be his kid brother. And I'm proud to be his nephew.

Leaders like Dick Winters or Andrew Haldane were/are too few and far between. Special people to whom we owe a little extra to. People like them made those around them better than they would have been otherwise. Rest in peace Major Winters, you have earned it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top