Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

RIP Hero

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by titsonritz, Jan 9, 2011.

1. titsonritz

titsonritz has left the building. Well-Known Member

over and out

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  2. Sawdust

Sawdust Bull Mountain(Tigard), OR Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

An ordinary man who did an extraordinary job. He, and most of the men from his generation, are what had helped make this a great, and great-full nation.

So long sir, God speed and Thank you.

3. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Couldn't have said it better myself.

4. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Those of us who have studied that war understand the sacrifices made by Mr. Winters and other like him. The responsibility of keeping their memory alive now falls to those who, like me, know our nation owes a tremendous debt to that generation. I had the great honor to have a Sliver Star awardee in my family, and to have known another hero, Rex T. Barber. Both my uncle and Mr. Barber were self-depreciating of their exploits and both claimed that they were not heroes. I contend that all who served in that time of need were.

5. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My uncle passed away last month. He was awarded a Purple Heart from being wounded in the Battle of the Bulge. He didn't think that he did anything special and would always down play it if asked. In fact, I know more about what happened than his own children as my dad is/was very proud to be his kid brother. And I'm proud to be his nephew.

6. saread

saread Bothell, WA Member

Leaders like Dick Winters or Andrew Haldane were/are too few and far between. Special people to whom we owe a little extra to. People like them made those around them better than they would have been otherwise. Rest in peace Major Winters, you have earned it.

7. Grouse

Grouse Des Moines Member

**** of a man,
    rest in peace.