JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Debbie Reynolds must be in horrific pain! Trust me, it is emotionally excruciating to outlive your children.

I imagine it would be, I hope to never experience that myself.

I just saw on the news that she (Debbie Reynolds) was rushed to the hospital today. Hopefully she will be okay.

Carrie Underwood?

(sorry)

She was big in the '70's, 80's, and a lesser extent the 90's. If you are young, you probably would not know her from anything other than Star Wars. And one would pretty much have to live under a rock to not know about Star Wars.

She had supporting roles in some other popular movies like THE BLUES BROTHERS, HANNAH AND HER SISTERS, AMAZON WOMEN FROM THE MOON, THE 'BURBS, and WHEN HARRY MET SALLY. She also did tons of guest appearances on TV shows. She made so much money from Star Wars, that she really did not need to work that much.

She also wrote and produced the hit 1990 movie POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE, starring Meryl Streep and Shirley MacLaine, as well as authoring a number of books.

Here she is from WHEN HARRY MET SALLY:

2016%2F12%2F27%2F306303fa-1e35-48b2-9890-37b97acdd23a.jpg

Last Edited:
Now Debbie Reynolds has died. One day after her daughter.

Yes, the emotional trauma was too much for her.

The worse thing in the world is for a parent to lose their child. It is quite devastating to most people.

However, she was 84 and in very frail health. 84 is pretty much the max that anyone should live to, anyway. Few people have any quality in their life past the mid 80's.

Fischer was strongly in favor of gun control, and supported banning the ownership of handguns.

She was featured in one of the 6 TV mini movies in Robert Altman's 1997 pro gun control mini-series GUN. GUN followed the life of a murderous 1911 pistol, as it went on a killing spree, in the hands of different owners. The series was produced at time when some liberal politicians, ecstatic at getting Assault Guns banned in 1994, wanted to ban handguns next.

It was an early attempt by liberals to place the blame for gun violence on guns themselves.

The TV series was a completely flop for ABC, though. No one watched the shows.

61OhQwLk92L.jpg

The Reaper is looking at hitting for the cycle here. These older Hollywood types that did not manage to drink themselves to death or smoke 3 packs of smogs a day actually lived to an old age. 84, hell that is unheard of in Hollywood.

If Debbie and those others had gotten their hands on the copius amounts of cocaine and acid that Carrie and that generation did, they would have checked out a lot sooner too.

One of the best movies ever made

And I think Mel Brooks ripped off the idea some years later though

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews