JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can watch her in the cafe scene in Blues Brothers over and over, and I have. She was tremendous.

I am sorry she is gone.

May she Rest in Peace.

I've really been enjoying the celebration of the life of Aretha the last two days. Reading about her here, hearing her all over the radio and all around town has been great. Looks like the world is sending her off something proper.

I listen to a lot of KMHD 89.1 and it's been fun listening to all the hosts recollect on how Aretha has played a role in their love for music and sharing those experiences over the air. Every Friday, there is a show from 4-6, called Soulful Strut and they always play some Blues, rare Soul and R&B...great show. Anyway, today for the entire last hour of the show, they played Aretha:Live at the Fillmore West, released May 19,1971 and it was AMAZING! Special guest, Ray Charles and all. Highly recommend it for any fan of Soul.

I've really been enjoying the celebration of the life of Aretha the last two days. Reading about her here, hearing her all over the radio and all around town has been great. Looks like the world is sending her off something proper.

I listen to a lot of KMHD 89.1 and it's been fun listening to all the hosts recollect on how Aretha has played a role in their love for music and sharing those experiences over the air. Every Friday, there is a show from 4-6, called Soulful Strut and they always play some Blues, rare Soul and R&B...great show. Anyway, today for the entire last hour of the show, they played Aretha:Live at the Fillmore West, released May 19,1971 and it was AMAZING! Special guest, Ray Charles and all. Highly recommend it for any fan of Soul.
For any who are interested, I found out that the Aretha Live @ the Fillmore West is a produced album. I was surprised to see that it was on Spotify. I've listened to it a number of times the past few days.

Still the modern day "queen of soul", for sure. I chuckle when some of the younger generation, these days try to compare some of these whiny, but "ok" sounding, so called "divas" with the likes of Aretha... Mariah WHO? Jennifer whats her her face? Sheeee-****t :rolleyes:. Aretha still has them all beat, just in humility alone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top