JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had an idea like this but for a fireproof shed. People in wildfire prone areas could use it to store valuables during fire season so they could evacuate faster. It would need to be air tight to prevent smoke damage.

I don't think it would be good to hide-out in, but if you need a place to hide stuff "in plain sight" and out of the house .... I always figured something like this could work, especially with the right "warning" labels. ;)
1606794179736.png
They come in a lot of different sizes,
and you can probably find a used one cheap-ish!

I had an idea like this but for a fireproof shed. People in wildfire prone areas could use it to store valuables during fire season so they could evacuate faster. It would need to be air tight to prevent smoke damage.
It's a class 1 fire resistant shed so it can withstand fire and even good against smoking... I wouldn't get one to avoid looters or spend $50k either... if people worked together in a community of like minded people that want to protect their lives and community the thugs/ looters etc would be less likely to do anything to them...

Exhibit A:

if people worked together in a community of like minded people that want to protect their lives and community the thugs/ looters etc would be less likely to do anything to them...

Exhibit A:
This is probably the best.
A few well armed families, working together could stop a mob quickly, I believe.

I like the first YouTube video as well. Seem appropriate they put the music of Aaron Copland's, "Fanfare for the Common Man".
That shed is famous.. some biker on bcsportsbikes spied his neighbor erecting TSOD and documented it in a thread there and it went viral big time.

I like the first YouTube video as well. Seem appropriate they put the music of Aaron Copland's, "Fanfare for the Common Man".
That shed is famous.. some biker on bcsportsbikes spied his neighbor erecting TSOD and documented it in a thread there and it went viral big time.
The facts of which the Hitler parody video alludes.

It will cost a bit more than $50K - you could maybe get one acre with a road for that. Then $50K for a decent "trailer". Then another $50K (at least) for power, water, septic system - if the county lets you put a trailer there.

$350K got me this (with a shop) and 20 acres:
View attachment 783791

Mortgage/taxes/insurance is a bit more than what I was paying in rent for the same size house in the city. Much nicer neighbors, quieter, much less crime, much less risk of riots, appreciation means when I sell it, that it will have paid for itself.

But I would not mind a safe room in the shop. Still thinking about getting a 20' container and putting gun safes inside of it. Could build a concrete room inside for about the same cost, add on a vault door.

$325k got me a 1500sqft townhouse in Beaverton on the corner, sharing a wall with what may be a dysfunctional family or drug dealers...who knows? Want to trade? I'll add cash to square up :s0140:

It will cost a bit more than $50K - you could maybe get one acre with a road for that. Then $50K for a decent "trailer". Then another $50K (at least) for power, water, septic system - if the county lets you put a trailer there.

$350K got me this (with a shop) and 20 acres:
View attachment 783791

Mortgage/taxes/insurance is a bit more than what I was paying in rent for the same size house in the city. Much nicer neighbors, quieter, much less crime, much less risk of riots, appreciation means when I sell it, that it will have paid for itself.

But I would not mind a safe room in the shop. Still thinking about getting a 20' container and putting gun safes inside of it. Could build a concrete room inside for about the same cost, add on a vault door.

Use AR500 for sheetrock

$325k got me a 1500sqft townhouse in Beaverton on the corner, sharing a wall with what may be a dysfunctional family or drug dealers...who knows? Want to trade? I'll add cash to square up :s0140:

Got another $300K?

Even so, I would not trade, but I am hoping to sell. I am selling an acre to my neighbor and resolving a plot line adjustment to have his plot absorb an easement, so I am going to get an appraisal for the mortgage corp., but I think it will come in somewhere between $550K and $650K - especially in today's market.

Use AR500 for sheetrock
:D
If I can follow thru on my plans and build my next house, it will be reinforced ICF walls and earth bermed. The exposed front of the building would have a rock facade.

I am going to build a shop first, if there is no shop on the land. Only one wall would not be earth bermed; the end of the rectangular shop where I would have a rollup or sliding door for vehicles. There would be a man door on the front, but the rest of that wall would be earth bermed.

That's the plan anyway. Not sure it will happen.

and build my next house, it will be reinforced ICF walls and earth bermed. The exposed front of the building would have a rock facade.
This is exactly what my plans are for my last home. Great minds think alike...

A buddy of mine that I used to work with and who recently retired built an ICF home up in the NE corner of WA. He's safely ensconced therein as we speak...

Just get a she shed.. a washtub out front and a bunch of clothes on the line will send any self respecting rioter elsewhere licketty split.

This is exactly what my plans are for my last home. Great minds think alike...

A buddy of mine that I used to work with and who recently retired built an ICF home up in the NE corner of WA. He's safely ensconced therein as we speak...

Someone up there would be so far from liberals crap holes that the distance alone makes them extremely unlikely to ever have an issue of that nature.

Someone up there would be so far from liberals crap holes that the distance alone makes them extremely unlikely to ever have an issue of that nature.
Yeah, but everywhere in this country is turning more and more purple over time... :(

You never know. There are Biden signs up here, and one of the outer neighbors (not on my private road, but owns property kitty corner to mine) has a sign up that has a no guns icon on it. That is their right, but don't fool yourself thinking that everybody in the countryside is conservative.

Yeah, but everywhere in this country is turning more and more purple over time... :(

That's true. I consider the analogy of a parasitic host relationship. Parasite will multiply and grow and spread feeding off the host until the host dies and ultimately the parasite does too because it killed the host.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top