JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Beautiful place @The Heretic !! :s0155:

Now, to report on the progress of my panic room .......

Panic Room.jpg

It's hard to imagine a scenario where I would feel trapping myself in a garden shed was the best option, but if other people want them, good luck for them in business. If things became so bad in the neighborhood that I needed a "safe room" I'd presume letting a high volume of lead fly would, at least initially, resolve the issue.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where I would feel trapping myself in a garden shed was the best option, but if other people want them, good luck for them in business. If things became so bad in the neighborhood that I needed a "safe room" I'd presume letting a high volume of lead fly would, at least initially, resolve the issue.
That has always been my plan. I have always figured if it got to where mobs were roaming around a selective amount of killing them would send them to go bother the people who always championed no one owning a gun and leave me the hell alone? :D

50K is a lot of money for a "garden shed" but it is built like a vault. From some of the previous comments posted, I believe some didn't read the whole advertisement. There's a shell inside of that door that's supposed to be impenetrable, even if the external door is removed.

I'm not one that would utilize anything like this, but if I lived near downtown Portland it would be something to consider.

Personally, I would rather make modifications to, or build a new home incorporating many of Jeff Cooper's ideas. His house was built like a fortress with security doors and shutters operated from well inside of the home.

Personally, I would rather make modifications to, or build a new home incorporating many of Jeff Cooper's ideas. His house was built like a fortress with security doors and shutters operated from well inside of the home.
Yes this! We were invited to "The Sconce" after a class to meet Janelle and tour the house just before she passed. It was amazing. You can see every exterior wall from a firing point inside. His office is at the top of a spiral staircase for easy defense. If we decide Oregon has left America and move, we are seriously considering building the forever house modeled after their home. Great post!

Most modern homes have drywall interiors, you can kick that stuff out to escape from an attic.
That's funny... l just finished a Matthew Quirk novel where the protagonist got himself trapped in the attic of a mansion, pursued by armed baddies.
When they broke through the hatch he stepped off the joists and went through the ceiling.
Unfortunately, he was over the two story entryway and fell 20+ feet and got all busted up, but at least he was near the exit!

Unfortunately, he was over the two story entryway and fell 20+ feet

Always know your territory.

In older homes, it isn't that easy to bust through a wall or ceiling. 35 years ago, I lived in a house built in 1926. It had lath and plaster walls. You can break the plaster off the lath, but you still have that to go through afterward. When I was a child, we lived in a home built in 1951. It had plaster over metal mesh for interior walls. Later, my parents bought a home built in 1954 and it had plaster over button board. Very solid walls. But staring in the mid to late 1950's, dry wall/sheet rock was pretty much the norm in ordinary residential home construction. I'm speaking of wood frame construction in the western states.

I've read that wall board substitutes are coming along. Things being made out of recycled textiles and glass.

Once I realized that these hold 50 people I got one for a hiding spot. I figure that if someone attacks my family can hide inside and pull 46 decoy stuffed animals inside afterwards. 26A6D5B9-9513-4309-A734-BC3C62513112.jpeg

This thread reminds me of a little building on the north side of Hwy 26. Dad told me the story behind it in the late 60's after we moved to John Day.

I just hope it's some dude totally taking advantage of the idiots within Portland that have allowed the need for such a thing. They likely have this in the backyard, and a Biden sign next to their BLM sign in the front yard.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top