JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have trying to restock my duck hunting ammo for awhile now to no avail. Last couple of years I have had good luck with Kent Fasteel, but those are not in the wind yet. I do see the Rio Blue steel popping up and am wondering if anyone has duck hunted those?

I am in wildlife management and shoot thousands of rounds a year. The Rio is not bad stuff it does shoot a little dirty but it seems to be consistent. Its about impossible to find the Kent faststeel but that normally is my go to 12ga ammo

So I just got off the phone with Kent and was told that they are making it and shipping it out as fast as they can. It sounds like it's only to smaller retailers though. Not being one to wait until September to get what I need, I'll pickup a couple of cases of the Rio and see what kinds of holes they make at the range and whack a few clays with them too.

I have trying to restock my duck hunting ammo for awhile now to no avail. Last couple of years I have had good luck with Kent Fasteel, but those are not in the wind yet. I do see the Rio Blue steel popping up and am wondering if anyone has duck hunted those?
I read the thread title and thought you were going to Rio for Duck Hunting.... as in Rio Grande.... that would be pretty cool... get some nice "jump" shots in...

As noted above I too have found Rio ammo a bit more dirty...but it worked fine in my Wingmaster and not a issue for my Winchester 37 single shot.

Now pass the salt shaker...
I have not hunted ducks with Rio ammo...only small game and grouse...it worked well for me and my guns.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR