JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there a way to take an MP3 file and transfer it to an Android type phone to use as a ring tone or alarm? I've found a couple military cadences that are humorous that I'd like to make ringtones or alarms. Call me goofy but I'd like to get an MP3 file of a radio call for a fire mission or the conversation between tank commander and gunner or an AWACS vectoring a fighter to a target.

is the mp3 file on your phone already? if yes then you can down load a ringtone maker onto your cell, then you can find the mp3 through the app and trim it to what ever part of the file you want played. if the file is on your computer then you can connect your phone to your computer via a usb cable then download the ringtone maker and edit the file.. hope this helps.

I know there are ways to do this just not how specifically.

What I did on one of my old phones was just use the record function on the phone to record the sound off the computer. Then set the recording to be the ring tone.

Drop the MP3 file in a folder on your phone or SD card called alerts or notifications or ringtones, depending on what you want to use it for. That folder should be under audio which would be under media. So the folder structure would be:

/media/audio/alerts or /media/audio/notification or /media/audio/ringtones

My roofer friend recorded a Nascar race and uses the sound of the race cars screaming by at 200 mph for his ring tone.
Really gets your attention when it comes on.

Kev,

It's easy-peezy to do w/o downloading software.

Go to "settings", then to "sound".

Then under incoming calls select "ringtone".

ln the upper right corner (depending on android version) select "add" and wait for the list to populate with all the sound files stored on your phone.

Scroll down until you find the sound file you want and select it.

Select "ok", then with the newly added sound file selected select "ok" and you should be done.

It'll play the first several seconds of the song/sound file. If you want a custom soundbyte from it you'll have to use editing software.

My general incoming ringtone is the opening rif from "Bad to the bone" by George Thorogood :s0155:

I assigned my wife's ringtone from the opening of "Pretty fly for a white guy" from The Offspring... so when she calls me it goes, "Give it to me baby, uh huh uh huh... Give it to me baby, uh huh uh huh! :s0112:

Hope that helps!

I am an old fogie, I built a full telephone System, in TayNinh, RVN, circa 1969.....

So, when I got my new iPhone, I chose....

The old fashioned Ring, Ring, Ring of "your Grand Fathers" phone !!! And yes, I get looked at, when my phone rings !!!

philip
In the Boondocks off HWY 36

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top