Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ring tones

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kevatc, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Is there a way to take an MP3 file and transfer it to an Android type phone to use as a ring tone or alarm? I've found a couple military cadences that are humorous that I'd like to make ringtones or alarms. Call me goofy but I'd like to get an MP3 file of a radio call for a fire mission or the conversation between tank commander and gunner or an AWACS vectoring a fighter to a target.

2. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

You can email yourself the file or connect the smartphone to your computer then drag and drop the file over.

3. 4m503

4m503 Tigard Member

is the mp3 file on your phone already? if yes then you can down load a ringtone maker onto your cell, then you can find the mp3 through the app and trim it to what ever part of the file you want played. if the file is on your computer then you can connect your phone to your computer via a usb cable then download the ringtone maker and edit the file.. hope this helps.

4. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Ya. Tried that and although the file is on the phone I can't figure out how to make it a ring tone.

5. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I know there are ways to do this just not how specifically.

What I did on one of my old phones was just use the record function on the phone to record the sound off the computer. Then set the recording to be the ring tone.

6. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

My ringtone is the song from magnum pi.

7. sorri

sorri United States New Member

Drop the MP3 file in a folder on your phone or SD card called alerts or notifications or ringtones, depending on what you want to use it for. That folder should be under audio which would be under media. So the folder structure would be:

/media/audio/alerts or /media/audio/notification or /media/audio/ringtones

8. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

My wife's is the start to "Copperhead Road" by Steve Earle. ;)

Mine is "Flying High Again" by Ozzie. :thumbup:

9. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My roofer friend recorded a Nascar race and uses the sound of the race cars screaming by at 200 mph for his ring tone.
    Really gets your attention when it comes on.

10. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Kev,

It's easy-peezy to do w/o downloading software.

Go to "settings", then to "sound".

Then under incoming calls select "ringtone".

ln the upper right corner (depending on android version) select "add" and wait for the list to populate with all the sound files stored on your phone.

Scroll down until you find the sound file you want and select it.

Select "ok", then with the newly added sound file selected select "ok" and you should be done.

It'll play the first several seconds of the song/sound file. If you want a custom soundbyte from it you'll have to use editing software.

My general incoming ringtone is the opening rif from "Bad to the bone" by George Thorogood :thumbup:

I assigned my wife's ringtone from the opening of "Pretty fly for a white guy" from The Offspring... so when she calls me it goes, "Give it to me baby, uh huh uh huh... Give it to me baby, uh huh uh huh! :bluelaugh:

Hope that helps!

11. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

I am an old fogie, I built a full telephone System, in TayNinh, RVN, circa 1969.....

So, when I got my new iPhone, I chose....

The old fashioned Ring, Ring, Ring of "your Grand Fathers" phone !!! And yes, I get looked at, when my phone rings !!!

philip
    In the Boondocks off HWY 36