JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Amazon's Home Surveillance Chief Declared War on "Dirtbag Criminals" as Company Got Closer to Police

— an avowed attempt to merge 24/7 video, ubiquitous computer sensors, and facial recognition, and deliver it to local police on a platter.
But would Ring draw an ethical line at sharing footage directly with police, even if there was consent? It wouldn't say." The answer is that no such line, ethical or otherwise, exists.

For those in the 'burbs and cities, this is perhaps more of a concern.
Should your security cameras pick up people on the sidewalk/street ?
Time your car as it goes by each day?
peer into your garage, backyard, window?

We have a ring, and it is intentionally installed so that it does not see the driveway, and we do not use the front door other than for deliveries and guests. You should also make sure it is on a guest wireless network that is separate from your home wireless. Not all routers will do this, but it is important for your digital security. Never put an IoT device on the same network as your personal devices!

Yeah anything wireless, on a cell phone, and on the internet should be considered public info. And guarenteed to be in a govt database
Everything digitally transmitted is hoovered up and stored in ABSOLUTELY HUGE multiple data farms all around the country. People have no idea just how big these data farms are. It's not just the big tech players that have them, but NSA has some that just make Facebooger and Gooble look like Girls Scout cookie stands.

Amazon's Home Surveillance Chief Declared War on "Dirtbag Criminals" as Company Got Closer to Police

For those in the 'burbs and cities, this is perhaps more of a concern.
Should your security cameras pick up people on the sidewalk/street ?
Time your car as it goes by each day?
peer into your garage, backyard, window?

For me? Could care less if it see's me drive by. Many don't really realize how often they are "on tape" as they go through the day. Place I work there is camera's inside and outside. Every ATM, my home has system see's everything going by as do many neighbors. Any of us "could" share this if we wanted to for some reason. Hell maybe some do, although not sure who would want to watch. It is on line and any of us could just remove the need to sign in to see it. No doubt in my mind Gov Agencies could see it any time without asking me for my password. I some times wonder about people who take this to extremes with the idea that people want to watch everything they do. The man hours it would take to do this? Unless of course you are running around doing stuff to get their attention.

As others have stated, with private, commercial & all the Gov cameras in use, unless you're in the woods with heavy canopy cover someone somewhere is likely watching. Feel better? LOL

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top