JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you guys wear?

21 years of marriage and most of that time I haven't. I own 2 cause I got fat and outgrew the first, the 2nd is also small.

The wife mentioned this, in passing, as wives will, so looking for advice

What do you wear?

No ring(s), watch, earrings, gages, or piercings.
Nothing external, just two crowns, 3 fillings and a heart of gold...
....that's the extent of my body hardware except for the metal hinges on my sunglasses.

Oh yah, and the steely resolve of a lifetime of experience. ;)

Last Edited:
Mine is carbide steel. I wear it when not handling firearms as it mars them all up.

Was a buck sixty. If I lose it, I don't care. I take it off often, especially for a range trip.

I used to wear my wedding ring (been married 18 years) but have changed to one of the rubber/silicone rings in the last year or so. Much safer on the farm not to mention how annoying it is to get welding slag on a metallic ring.

What do you guys wear?

21 years of marriage and most of that time I haven't. I own 2 cause I got fat and outgrew the first, the 2nd is also small.

The wife mentioned this, in passing, as wives will, so looking for advice

What do you wear?
i dont wear my ring. i could get my finger ripped off at work. my wife is a lobor nurse so she doesnt wear hers either. it could get lost up in a patients vag under the right circumstances. she went and had me write an "M" and had it tattooed on her ring finger.

we wear them on special occasions. i usually wear mine out hunting too.

as a matter of fact our anniversary is on friday. 5yrs married 10yrs together. i bought her another band for her ring and weddingg band. had it all soldered together also. now its 2.5ct total weight. center stone is 1ct and side diamonds are .5TW each band is .5ct

pic doesnt do it justice. kinda blurry.
52AC8F89-3046-467F-B872-5C34F7CB87FE.jpeg
4CAA7484-7D3E-408D-BAFE-B8A7DC389085.jpeg
5E417260-0F5B-4AEA-ABE4-FFCAE3637D6A.jpeg
mines just a black ring with subtle designs on it.

6131ABF5-0CD9-4C4C-ACC4-1E8485E40BC9.jpeg

Does the wife unit care what kind of ring you wear or only that you wear one?

Me personally, I'm not a ring person. But I'd wear one for the wife if it were important to her. But I sure don't need fancy. A simple band made of sterling silver, maybe even stainless, or one of the new silicone ones that tear away if you get them caught on something, would be just fine.

And really, the wife shouldn't care what the material is. I mean, I'm pretty sure you didn't tell her what type of ring SHE wanted, right? But I realize this is "Man Logic," and your wife might have other ideas on this.

Good luck my friend! And may the odds be ever in your favor! ;)

Only take my wedding ring off when working on the vehicles or machinery. It is a Carbide Band with the Lords Prayer Laser etched in it. we were Married on my Parents Anniversary in 2013. (Parents Long Dead)

I have been looking at the Silicon ones, price is right $10 - $40 so if I don't like it is not that much of an expense.

I also saw, cause Amazon is helpful, an number of tungsten and titanium which are again in the sub $40 range.

My concerns are flexibility and sweating.

A couple examples for those who may be curious:

upload_2018-8-8_22-25-49.png

upload_2018-8-8_22-27-51.png

upload_2018-8-8_22-24-45.png

upload_2018-8-8_22-29-1.png

Ultimately I need to loose 35 lbs and wear the original she had engraved.

I have been looking at the Silicon ones, price is right $10 - $40 so if I don't like it is not that much of an expense.

I also saw, cause Amazon is helpful, an number of tungsten and titanium which are again in the sub $40 range.

My concerns are flexibility and sweating.

A couple examples for those who may be curious:

View attachment 486739

View attachment 486741

View attachment 486738

View attachment 486742

Ultimately I need to loose 35 lbs and wear the original she had engraved.

The one I wear now is very similar to the first example, the pack of four. I think I paid around $6 for them.

Mine is a puzzle ring but I've only worn it for special occasions in the past.

As a couple others have said, my professions and rings are not a smart mix.

My wife has my grandmothers ring with her engagement ring and promise ring attached to both sides.

For our 10 year anniversary I bought her a gold puzzle ring (for $500) and I had the design tattooed on my ring finger (for $60:rolleyes:).

I haven't worn rings since then and we had our 22nd earlier this year.

I did wear, and have started again, wearing small gold hoop earrings. I only wear a watch in the woods.

I kept crushing my gold rings so the wife got me a plain thick silver ring and though it's no longer round works pretty well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top