JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,
I'm looking for more rimfire rifle matches to try out.
I currently only shoot NRL22 events but wouldn't mind branching out into other types of shooting or just more NRL events. Not sure if any other clubs host NRL22 style or precision rifle style 22 matches aside from UNSC in Eatonville and NCW in wenatchee. Would like to stay with rimfire events only.

Our club, TCMSA, here in the Tri-Cities has a monthly .22 lr match. Kind of informal, wide open, as far as whatever you want to shoot. 100 yards, 10 shots for score at 2 different targets, two relays, unlimited sighters, 20 minute time limit per relay.
Best part:. FREE! NO entry fee, club provides targets. (It does accept donations to help offset the cost.). It is an attempt to encourage non members to come out and shoot for fun, especially to encourage lady shooters and young shooters to participate.

Im having the opposite problem of the OP. I wish there were more NRL22 offerings.
Dont get me wrong I could go for more nrl22 matches as well.
North central Wenatchee gun club hosts an nrl22 match every month and I believe the gun club in clatskanie does as well.

What are NRL22 Matches?

Seattle Rifle and Pistol has some Long Range Matches for .22s but I'm not sure what type they are.:):):)
Nrl22 matches are precision 22 matches distances out to 300 yards. Usually 5 sactioned stages that are capped to 100 yards count for nrl22 season points and then it's up to the MD if he wants to add more stages of his design. Our last match the MD set targets out to 385

What are NRL22 Matches?

Seattle Rifle and Pistol has some Long Range Matches for .22s but I'm not sure what type they are.:):):)

So, I think JSTUCK didn't do the NRL22 justice. First, the matches only go to 100 yards (some clubs will have extra stages but they don't count towards the National points).

Second, the NRL22 puts out a monthly course of fire that each club uses for the monthly match. If you're familiar with USPSA it would be like every match being a classifier so all shooters at all clubs are shooting the same course of fire in a given month. This allows you to "compete" with folks in different clubs. It also allows everyone to compete on a fairly level playing field.

Third, the NRL22 offers a standard target package for around $350.

Fourth, the NRL22 also uses a standard barricade package for the courses of fire and they provide part numbers for everything needed for a barricade. You can pretty much find it all at a Home Depot. The standard target and barricade package and a 100 yard range are all that are needed for a club to host an NRL22 match.

Finally, the NRL22 has an annual Nationals final match.

I'd encourage you to check it out at NRL22.org

In the tri-cities area there are at least 2 independent rim fire matches I know of and 4 that I know of within about an hour and a half of where I live. There's only one club in that area affiliated with NRL22 and they are only doing a handful of the months. I really wish there was another club offering a monthly match. It seems like tri-cities would be pretty ripe for it. I know the real answer is that I should organize it and, if I had every weekend off I would.

I don't shoot in Competition any longer but recently moved back into SR&P territory so was considering rejoining but my health seems to be going further and further down hill so...

Just for Laughs I think I'll take a look at the website NRL22.org

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top