JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine wears a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 rimfire. Absolutely worth the money.
DSCN3807.JPG

I have quite a few rim fire rifles... 22, 22mag, 17hmr... and use most all for sage rats. I have found through the years the old Japanese Tasco scopes are very nice and inexpensive for this task. Great glass and good craftsmanship. Minimum 14 power (prefer 18) and adjustable objective required for long shots. I wouldn't put them on a heavy recoil rifle, because of their age, but I do have a 6 X 24 power Tasco scope that's over 30 years old on my Ruger 223 Target 77r. Try one out. You'll be surprised. Usually pick them up where found for under $50.

I ended up going with the Primary Arms. I'm very happy with it. I was concerned about it at the price and wasn't sure if I would like the fixed 6x.

I actually really like the fixed power. The reticle is awesome to boot.

Quickly zeroed at 50 yards, only a bit low out of the box.

Shooting 50 yards is very intuitive with the horseshoe reticle and dot. The range estimations worked perfectly as I was hitting steel targets at 100, 150, and 220 yards using the designated hold overs.

This is quickly becoming one of my new favorites.

I only wish I can find more of this Remington Match EPS ammo. It was crazy accurate in a 10-22 that I sold, and is stupid good in this rifle too. Mini mags did great too. 10 shots in a 1" with one flier.

View attachment 457901 View attachment 457902 View attachment 457903 View attachment 457904
@Reno911,

Any issues with the BDC when using standard velocity ammunition? That's the only thing holding me back from purchasing one.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the 1-6x .22LR ACSS when they had their blemish sale.

@Reno911,

Any issues with the BDC when using standard velocity ammunition? That's the only thing holding me back from purchasing one.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the 1-6x .22LR ACSS when they had their blemish sale.
I have not shot standard velocity ammo with it yet.

I traded out a Nikon Prostaff 4x Duplex for a Redfield Battlezone Tactical 2-7x with MOA reticle and an adjustable turret for distance up to 150 yards. I think that I liked the Prostaff better - easier to zero, better glass. I had a horrible time trying to zero the Redfield for some reason - not happy about it. I haven't tested the turret for distances past 50 yards yet. If it works OK, I may change my mind. The Redfield was a closeout and cost less than the Prostaff - enough said.

My experience has demonstrated that 'better scopes at longer distances' than the 50 yard mark, gives me considerably better groups regardless of ammo.

I was absolutely elated the first time with a 17 hmr my group of 5 was less than a half-dime cluster at 100 yards. Scope was a moderate quality 6-24x44 tasco. That smaller than little-finger nail group became an expected rather than the unusual.

For closer in than 50 yards in rapid fire exercises, I prefer a decent 3mm red dot, if 'group size' is less important than 'clock time' recorded.

For all around plinking with my take-down 22, I like the Nikon P223 3x, as it is crystal clear at the conditions I typically use, as well as fitting mounted in the bag.

My experience has demonstrated that 'better scopes at longer distances' than the 50 yard mark, gives me considerably better groups regardless of ammo.

I was absolutely elated the first time with a 17 hmr my group of 5 was less than a half-dime cluster at 100 yards. Scope was a moderate quality 6-24x44 tasco. That smaller than little-finger nail group became an expected rather than the unusual.

For closer in than 50 yards in rapid fire exercises, I prefer a decent 3mm red dot, if 'group size' is less important than 'clock time' recorded.

For all around plinking with my take-down 22, I like the Nikon P223 3x, as it is crystal clear at the conditions I typically use, as well as fitting mounted in the bag.
I have a red dot on my plinker 22. Super low mount. Absolutely fun with a plate rack or dualing tree.

I wish the take down 22 had the same irons as the new 9mm carbine.

@Reno911,

If you want to get together and look through it let me know.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top