JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Reactions
Time for another round of Rimfire Challenge! Saturday Aug 10th - all ages, all experience levels. This is a low key event where we shoot steel with .22lr. You need about 325 rounds to get you through the day. Anything chambered in .22lr will work. You can even borrow one of mine if you don't have your own. 4 stages of pistol. 4 stages of rifle. BBQ pulled pork lunch included. Setup begins are 0730; be at the range no later than 0830 for registration and squadding.

Rimfire flyer.jpg

Kimber Custom is the discipline director so he needs to answer that question. He's on the site frequently so the wait shouldn't be long.

I will say that while fun, a rig like that will hinder your accuracy (at speed) unless you can get the arm brace into your shoulder.

I think I could classify shouldering the arm brace as a sporatic and/or situational use, thus not constituting a "redesign" of said firearm.

But I understand if that is too much a grey area to want to get involved. Just sounded like fun with the firearm in question. I suppose I could swap over to my SBR lower to become compliant.

Last Edited:
Compliance of course is an issue, (and you should be fine as I see it) but I was thinking of the difficulty of rapid ACCURATE fire on smallish targets when you are all scrunched up in a position that allows your shoulder to be on the rifle with a somewhat decent cheek weld.

You would be the only one there with a bolt gun, as it is a speed event.

It's family friendly in that even young shooters are welcome if they can handle the course of fire. I've seen a few as young as 8 (I'm guessing) shooting with Dad standing right there helping them with magazine changes etc. On the pistol stages I've seen Dad standing directly behind the shooter reaching around so that both are holding the gun. Safe and effective letting the youngster get some trigger time in a competitive environment.

I apologize for not responding sooner - I thought I had this thread flagged to tell me when changes were made -

Yes, anything chambered in .22lr, including dedicated AR uppers. Yes, if you want to shoot a pistol on the rifle stages you have my blessing. Suppressors are welcome. I am not an ATF agent nor law enforcement and have no desire to interpret their whims on any given day.

We've had one or two bolt action shooters participate but as mentioned you would not be competitive. Borrowing equipment isn't a problem. There's only 1 shooter from a squad on the line at a time so it's easy to share gear as long as someone is stuffing mags.

As long as they have eyes and ears and can stay behind the designated firing line - all ages are welcome.

The pork butts will be going on the Rec Tec about 8:30p tonight and I'll be out there at 0730 setting steel in place. Please be at the range by 0830 at the latest for squadding. We will start shooting as close to 0900 as possible. Weather looks to be cooperating - dare I say ideal... :)

See you all tomorrow.

Time for another round of Rimfire Challenge! Saturday Aug 10th - all ages, all experience levels. This is a low key event where we shoot steel with .22lr. You need about 325 rounds to get you through the day. Anything chambered in .22lr will work. You can even borrow one of mine if you don't have your own. 4 stages of pistol. 4 stages of rifle. BBQ pulled pork lunch included. Setup begins are 0730; be at the range no later than 0830 for registration and squadding.

View attachment 601132
August 11th - Thanks to you and your family for another great event at DRRC. It was a nice ice cool day, fun event and great pulled pork lunch!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews