JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Clackamas County is under 'extreme risk' (of totalitarianism but I digress); however, outdoor activities, including outdoor dining - is allowed for up to 100 people. Match is on and pulled pork will be served. I also have .22 ammunition available for youth shooters at a cost of $14 per box. One box per youth please. Registration is open until 9a Sat. Each shooter needs a practiscore account to register: https://practiscore.com/drrc-22-rimfire-challenge-may-8/register

Cost is $5 per gun for members and $7.50 per gun for guests. Please be at the range by 8:30 for check in. We will start our safety brief at 9 and be shooting by 9:30. Probably be finished around 2:30 or so.

I shot the DRRC pistol match this past Saturday and showed my kids video of me shooting a stage and they loved it. As a gun dad, my ears were so happy to hear my 12 yr old son say I WANT TO DO THAT. My 11 yr old daughter was less visibly excited but down to give it a go. Are they old enough for this weekends match? They know gun safety very well and have had lots of 22 practice. However, we don't have dot optics and my Ruger 22/45 needs a tune up to run reliably again. I really want to make this a fun and exciting experience for their first ever match. With that in mind would we be able to use a loaner setup with dots to make it easier on them? If they could purchase a box of ammo from you that would also be very appreciated. Thanks!!

I shot the DRRC pistol match this past Saturday and showed my kids video of me shooting a stage and they loved it. As a gun dad, my ears were so happy to hear my 12 yr old son say I WANT TO DO THAT. My 11 yr old daughter was less visibly excited but down to give it a go. Are they old enough for this weekends match? They know gun safety very well and have had lots of 22 practice. However, we don't have dot optics and my Ruger 22/45 needs a tune up to run reliably again. I really want to make this a fun and exciting experience for their first ever match. With that in mind would we be able to use a loaner setup with dots to make it easier on them? If they could purchase a box of ammo from you that would also be very appreciated. Thanks!!
Absolutely! Come on out. Ammo is $14 a box.

The loaners I have are iron sights but the targets are big and close so that shouldn't be an issue.

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to make this 1, but I'm gonna get to the next 1 as there is no conflicts that day as of now..
Why is there such a long time between them? Can we set something up more frequently?
Thanks

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to make this 1, but I'm gonna get to the next 1 as there is no conflicts that day as of now..
Why is there such a long time between them? Can we set something up more frequently?
Thanks
Between the club calendar and my personal schedule -- 4 per year is really all I can manage.

Is this similar to what Tri-County calls "Speed Steel"?
Having never been to a speed steel match I can clearly tell you in my unbiased opinion - we're much more fun :)

Seems like speed steel is pistol only and you can shoot .22 or center fire. We're rimfire only and have 4 stages for rifle and 4 for pistol. You can shoot one or the other or all of the above. We're geared to new to competitive shooting crowd. No move and shoot, reloads or tricky courses of fire. On the fire command you shoot the steel targets, when you hit the stop plate we stop the clock. You shoot each stage 5x and we throw out your worst score. The other 4 add together to make your score for that stage. Prizes awarded for overall champion, top lady, top youth, top senior and top new shooter. We also do a raffle at the end of the day with anything leftover on the prize table.

And of course I serve BBQ lunch that is worth at least half of what you pay to shoot the match :)

Is this open to the public? My membership orientation isn't until next Sunday
Yes - most (if not all) disciplines are open to the public. If you come, let me know that your membership is pending and I'll charge you the member fee of $5 per gun instead of the guest $7.50; membership has it's privileges' :)

Yes - most (if not all) disciplines are open to the public. If you come, let me know that your membership is pending and I'll charge you the member fee of $5 per gun instead of the guest $7.50; membership has it's privileges' :)
Will do. TBH this would be my first match ever so is there any extra info on format? I'd love to read up on it so I don't look like a total fool out there

Not sure what TBH means but look at post 14 - That's most of it. We will do a range briefing where I will cover safety and all of the procedures. We are loosely based on the NSSF Rimfire Challenge which you can read about here: https://www.rimfirechallenge.org/rule-book/ It's all about having a good time making steel sing. Very novice and family friendly.

Not even sure we'll have to set up the pop ups this week. Weather is looking perfect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top