JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Joe Link created a new event:

Rimfire Challenge - Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - October 13th, 2018

Douglas Ridge is proud to present a new discipline: .22 Rimfire Challenge!

What is .22 Rimfire Challenge? It is an introduction to competitive shooting for speed. You can use anything chambered in .22LR, pistol or rifle. When you come to the line you will have 5-7 static steel targets to shoot at. A coach will explain what targets you are shooting at and give you the command to fire. Shoot at all of your targets as fast as you can. When you hit the last target (known as the stop plate) the...

Read more about this event...

Our last Rimfire event of the season is Saturday Oct 13th. Rimfire flyer.jpg

The DRRC newsletter said that shooting steel is verboten, but left up to the discipline directors for competitions (if I read it correctly).
Imma go ahead and guess we're still on since I can't find steel core 22lr anywhere.
Would I be correct?

What are the distances for the targets? I don't see it mentioned anywhere.
Offhand, bench, from a rest, what position?

Pistol targets are 20-60' out. Rifle targets are 20-105'. All targets are 8+". Most people shoot standing but we are informal. If you need/want to shoot from a different position or supported you are welcome to.

The DRRC newsletter said that shooting steel is verboten, but left up to the discipline directors for competitions (if I read it correctly).
Imma go ahead and guess we're still on since I can't find steel core 22lr anywhere.
Would I be correct?
You are correct. That question was asked and answered at the last member meeting. The match is ON!

What a fabulous day to shoot! 46 people tried to take the 2018 overall champion title away from Conner - all missed the mark. Man that guy can shoot! Tom Angel took our Top Senior. Amanda Toyooka - Top Lady. Gabi Cronin stepped up to Top Youth. Jesse Sowder was our Top Pistol and Marc Bast rounded out Top Rifle.

Here are some pictures I took: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RVzCvxnDkHYDM22n9

2019 calendar is set: March 9th, May 11th, Aug 10th and Oct 12th.

Thanks again everyone for your support and kind words. You guys make this a joy to put on. Oct 13th scores final scores_Page_1.jpg Oct 13th scores final scores_Page_1.jpg

Here are the full results. Oct 13th scores final scores_Page_2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads