JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went ammo shopping today and found ample stocks of .22 long rifle available at Rural King and Walmart stores. I picked up 4 boxes of Winchester 555 bulk and a week ago got 6 boxes of CCI Stingers. Remington ammo was also available. Prices appeared to be normal. Posted FYI.

Went ammo shopping today and found ample stocks of .22 long rifle available at Rural King and Walmart stores. I picked up 4 boxes of Winchester 555 bulk and a week ago got 6 boxes of CCI Stingers. Remington ammo was also available. Prices appeared to be normal. Posted FYI.

Ain't like that around the bigger cities over here unfortunately.

Just as the last great shortage, nothing has changed. The places that make it never stop, they start running full tilt. Problem is as it shows up it's grabbed up. Places like Wally get it by the truck load to their main warehouse's. From there they send it around. Lot of the Wally's stopped selling ammo at all. So some of them will have people coming in daily to grab any they see. Others may not yet have anyone checking them. Of course for those who once again are caught short driving all over to every store can be a very expensive and frustrating way to try to find the stuff.

I learned from the last great 22lr shortage, I should have at least 18000 rounds. The last Remington 1400 round bucket of bullets I bought were on sale at bi-mart for 40 something dollars

I almost feel bad for posting. My hope was to offer a little light at the end of the tunnel. I thought .22 LR might be making its way through the system.

We are a long way from the big city. Think Little Abner and Dogpatch. To get much of anything we head to the nearest town. They have streetlights and a Dairy Queen, along with a Walmart. A newish restaurant serves foreign food other than Chinese. A new farm store has about everything you could think of... even more than that. Alvin York's farm is a couple hours away. Home and back from town is 50 miles.

We have no COVID to speak of and there is no concern about BLM or demonstrations around here. We just don't have enough people to bother with. Folks are not very hospitable and troublemakers would have a chore trying to get out of here without a problem.

Meaning we don't get runs on ammo too often. I won't say never but the hill folks stay stocked on most things. We can usually find a box of .22s if we need them..

Define "normal prices".

5¢ - 6¢ per round?

Last year it was down to 3-4¢ per round.

True, however that was also round about a 20 year low, as far as manufactured ammunition prices go.

Dunno the specifics of the market timeline, coulda been a 10 year low. Just going off of memory, and "think" Sam Gabbard at SGammo sending emails mentioning similar such generalization.

Defining normal is a tough chore as I don't follow the market. My best shot would be to say retail minus gouging.

Winchester 555 boxes were 21 bucks and change.

Winchester Super X red box of 100 was 7.97

CCI Stingers were 6.79 for 50.

Other brands were available but I didn't get any prices.