JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a reminder that recall campaigns are still in effort. Every volunteer counts. Every signature counts. If you got time in the evening, try your neighborhood. Or volunteer to help out for an hour or two on the weekends.

Another note worth mentioning: Shadow politics is back in Oregon. Who's funding the protection of these politicians? And why not be open about it? Anyone have time to call the numbers and join up to find out? (after all, their paying for it :))
http://www.progressivestoday.com/surprise-bloomberg-dark-money-pours-oregon-recall-opposition/

they are paying people to distribute handouts to everyone in the districts opposing the recalls. At very least they are wasting more money on this guy. People spying at volunteer meetings, facebook pages and websites devoted to opposing the recalls.

They already got their law. They still get a democrat as replacement. This isnt an effort to get their gun laws anymore. This is now just to purely control what ever they want.

It seems they are concerned. The people that will listen to them can't outvote a recall signer. There are more against Riley than for him.

I realize there are more people here concerned with Chuck Riley, but as I live under both their thumbs how is the recall against McLain going

Had an individual come to my door yesterday, address me by name and asked me to help fight the frivolous recalls.

He left after I told him Riley had to go after selling out his state.

They must be nervous.

There is usually a group that meets at Magnolia part (near whole foods) on Saturday mornings for those who would like to help out for a few hours. Even if you only gather a few signatures, every single one counts. It's getting close to the end!

Also, you can download your own forms and get signatures from your like minded friends and neighbors. Pretty easy. What better way to celebrate the 4th than protecting your rights!

We Had a Riley paid shill come to our door this evening, calling out our names and informing us about how Chuck is under attack by extremists, he was sent on his way by my better half at the door. He was for sure a paid doorknocker. We still got the door hanger though..and we
hope Riley is even more worried now.

I got a call today from some group that claimed it was doing a poll but in actuality it was a push poll where they were trying to influence opinion under the guise of conducting a poll. All of the questions used slanted language to make you accept their conclusions.

At one point, the caller claimed that the recall mechanism was only for removing politicians who had committed a serious crime and that it was improper to use it to remove someone I didn't like. I told her I disagreed. I told her what Riley said about the Supreme Court upholding slavery being "good law." She was embarrassed by that. She conceded that although it's not illegal to be a racist, it would be fair to use the democratic process to remove such a person from office even though he had not committed a crime. -I have to admit it was fun using the caller's belief system against her political position.

Predictably, the poll questions stopped as soon as she understood that I viewed the law they passed as fatally flawed and that I wanted Riley removed from office.

On the site that hosts my email, i'm getting ads for this site: http://stoprecklessrecalls.org/

The banners say things like:

Sen. Chuck Riley fought to: prevent online sales of guns without criminal background checks
Senator Chuck Riley is defending Oregon's students
Senator Chuck Riley is increasing funds for our schools
Senator Chuck Riley is expanding career and tech training
Representative Susan McLain voted to require criminal background checks for all gun sales
Representative Susan McLain is fighting for oregon's education system
Representative Susan McLain is is working to improve our schools by hiring more teachers, reducing class sizes, restoring funding for art, music, and PE

Now i'm really bummed, because after these people are recalled, whoever shall tell us how important education is? :(

Last Edited:
We are wrapping up our recall effort today.

Despite having a tremendous response to our efforts, we fell short with signatures for both recalls so we will not be submitting them.

I want to thank all our volunteers. Though we had an overwhelming opposition, I got to meet a good number of great people who still believe in doing what is right.

Once we get everything sorted with our accountant, we will donate any remaining funds to support the Prozanski recall.

I'd like to thank Kevin Starrett at Oregon Firearms Federation for hours of advice and support he gave us right from the beginning. I'd like to thank Second Amendment foundation who did step up and help as well. And again, thanks to the volunteers, the people who donated both money and time to our efforts.

I'm bummed to hear that, but would like to thank you for stepping up big time to run these recall efforts - and a big thanks to all those that helped. For my part, I spent time talking with as many folks I know that can vote in that area as possible, I'm hoping at least some turned in their signatures.

Though this didn't happen, it got a LOT of attention on these folks and what they did. 2016 isn't far away, and hopefully many people will remember how we were sold out. No doubt, your campaigns struck fear into these two folks - and that required them to spend money and time in anticipation of the recall. Even with no recall, it reminded them that people are watching. It reminded them that people will stand up to them.

2016 is next. Time for all of us to remind everyone of the pounding our rights have taken in 2015. It's time for these shills to go.

You guys did an amazing job, many thanks to you for such a strong effort! :s0151:

It has been a long, tough road for our recall campaign. We have faced strong opposition from both sides of the aisle and less support than we might have expected from several major organizations. We have also come up against the money of Michael Bloomberg and his crusade to ban guns at the cost of lives and liberty.

When we first started down this road we were optimistic and enthusiastic. We started reaching out to groups for support. The Oregon Firearms Federation was at the head of the line waving enthusiastically to support our efforts. I met Kevin Starrett personally several times and can say that he is a great guy and a great American. Regardless of what side of the firearms debate you come down on, you have to admire someone who is so committed to liberty and our system of government. He has a belief and he does what he can, with the way our system works, to follow his belief. This is part of America, being involved to make a difference.

One group that was not at the head of the line, or even in the line at all however was the National Rifle Association. Though we attempted to contact them and gain support through phone and email no support was ever returned.

We also reached out for signature gatherers and other support functions for our recall campaign. Every signature gathering company in Oregon cited a "conflict of interest" in associating with us. We expected this from companies that usually worked with more left leaning issues, but we even got this from companies that historically have worked with conservatives. We then learned that conservative politicians in Oregon were also actively working to thwart our recall effort, possibly because they feared a stronger Democratic candidate would replace Riley.

Finally, in the closing month of the campaign more of Michael Bloomberg's money poured in. Call centers began contacting voters urging them to oppose our campaign. Paid petitioners went door to door handing out flyers to further weaken our campaign. Websites, radio ads, Google ads, all started appearing in opposition to our campaign. All of this linked back to Everytown for Gun Safety, the group that donated tens of thousands of dollars to Chuck Riley to influence his vote in the Senate. Unfortunately for Senate District 15 we are just 3 normal guys, not New York billionaires.

We would like to thank all the volunteers that helped us. The Americans that showed up on those Saturdays and went knocking on doors, handing out door hangers, talking to other people, and educating citizens. We also want to thank all the people that donated to our campaign. We recognize that every donation, no matter the size, represents a commitment to making a difference in our community and our country. The three of us unanimously decided we will be donating any remaining funds we have to the Recall Floyd Prozanski campaign. We encourage people to get involved with that campaign and help in any way you can.

While we were unfortunately out-spent and out-maneuvered it gave us all deep insight into the difficulties of effecting change in the current political climate of Oregon. The most we can ask of people is to be involved, educated, and vote. Your legislators are accountable to you, they are not omnipotent. The government is supposed to work FOR the citizens, not manage them from on high. Thank you.

God Bless Oregon and God Bless America.

:( Sad that we did not reach the goal. But enthusiastic at all the people who stepped up and put words into action. In all, a good "lessons learned" the hard way. Hopefully it can lead to other things, like countering the Moms Demand/Bloomberg propaganda network in Washington county in the future.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top