JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I lost my gun rights 30 years ago is Seattle, for ten years I have lived in Roseburg Oregon. I just received my restoration paperwork from a court in Seattle Washington.
I wasn't sure how to answer the question on the FFL about "have you ever been convicted of a felony?"
So I decided to Persue a CHL before trying to buy a gun. I called the sheriffs office records person to ask about an appointment and explain that I would bring my restoration paperwork.
She looked up my name and told me I came back listed as having a felony conviction
( the one I was just restored on)
She said I would have to get restored here in Oregon and I told her I never lost my rights in Oregon.
She invited me to come in with my paperwork next Monday but I'm not sure what to expect...
Does anyone have any thoughts or information that migh enlighten me...?
I did find info on the ATF website that said if your rights have been restored in the jurisdiction where they were lost you should answer NO on the felony question.
But now I'm worried that even if I'm allowed to buy a gun on Oregon the police will see me as a felon in possession of a firearm...

Thank you Stomper....
Ive waited 30 years. What's a few more months...
I'm impatient because the criminals in Washington DC have big plans they are wasting no time trying to implement....
If you know what I mean...?
Thanks again

I lost my gun rights 30 years ago is Seattle, for ten years I have lived in Roseburg Oregon. I just received my restoration paperwork from a court in Seattle Washington.
I wasn't sure how to answer the question on the FFL about "have you ever been convicted of a felony?"
So I decided to Persue a CHL before trying to buy a gun. I called the sheriffs office records person to ask about an appointment and explain that I would bring my restoration paperwork.
She looked up my name and told me I came back listed as having a felony conviction
( the one I was just restored on)
She said I would have to get restored here in Oregon and I told her I never lost my rights in Oregon.
She invited me to come in with my paperwork next Monday but I'm not sure what to expect...
Does anyone have any thoughts or information that migh enlighten me...?
I did find info on the ATF website that said if your rights have been restored in the jurisdiction where they were lost you should answer NO on the felony question.
But now I'm worried that even if I'm allowed to buy a gun on Oregon the police will see me as a felon in possession of a firearm...

I have had my rights restored twice & if you answer Yes to the question about having been convicted of a felony, you won't get a gun.

I've always thought it was stupid but if you don't lie while filling out the form you will not pass the background check

Thanks I found information on the ATF website under exemptions that said if your rights have been restored in the jurisdiction where they were revoked you should answer no to the felony question.
The government is horrible.
They are supposed to be protecting and defending our rights and not much more, instead it gets more bloated every day while they spend launder and flush our money down the toilet

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top