JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most astounding thing in my experience in Iraq was when the Iraqi's had a chance to vote after being under the Saddam regime. A man was shot in the leg after insurgents had threatened people to not participate in voting. He was being prepped for medevac but refused to be sent off until he finished voting. Iraqi people lined up for miles some even trekked 30-40 miles by any means to get to Baghdad to participate. Yet in the United States the national voting record is under 30 percent. Again back to my example things given freely have no value unless there has been a recent struggle to protect or defend said rights.

Inspiring stuff. He still thought his vote mattered. Many of us here believe it does not matter who we vote for anymore. Thus many don't vote. I used to complain about those who don't vote. Now I can't anymore because they're right. I still vote though. Hope springs eternal I guess.

Oh, and I bet that Iraqi man who was shot on election day was allowed to have an ak47 (full auto no doubt) in his home and business. Can the average American own one? Well, if they have $10k+ available, an extra $200 for the "tax stamp" and go through a 6 month background check via the ATF, sure. FREEDOM!!! PURPLE FINGERS UNITE!

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/01/w...civilians-allowed-to-keep-assault-rifles.html

Oh and I'd guess that the people who have had their money taken from them just for being suspected of it being drug money (aka civil asset forfeiture) have earned your Heinlein stripes and might be willing to sacrifce for their freedoms.

Citizenship is an attitude, a state of mind, an emotional conviction that the whole is greater than the part...and that the part should be humbly proud to sacrifice itself that the whole may live.You are under the assumption that the voting system doesn't work because the number of voter participation is under 30 percent. If we had 100% voter turnout and the system was as ineffective and rife with sloth I would be more inclined to agree with you that voting doesn't work.

Laws don't get passed when incumbents win. 90 percent of all of our legislatures are filled with incumbents nation wide. I think its the inaction of a populace that doesn't care to or understands to exercise their freedom is the result of a failed system.

Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost

Citizenship is an attitude, a state of mind, an emotional conviction that the whole is greater than the part...and that the part should be humbly proud to sacrifice itself that the whole may live.

"Citizenship is an attitude, a state of mind, an emotional conviction that the whole is greater than the part...and that the part should be humbly proud to sacrifice itself that the whole may live."

That only works if the citizen sees it as a worthwhile trade. You can't just blame this on voter apathy and incumbency. How do you think those things happen? It is not just from having too good a life or being spoiled via bread and circuses. Voter apathy is also from many realizing that nothing changes other than the government keeps growing and oppressing.

And laws don't get passed? I don't know what world you're living in honestly. Why should I sacrifice for a society that treats me as a slave? A society that denigrates my culture and my forefathers?

"Citizenship is an attitude, a state of mind, an emotional conviction that the whole is greater than the part...and that the part should be humbly proud to sacrifice itself that the whole may live."

Hmm. Sounds like a Marxist ant colony. Isn't "humbly proud" an oxymoron?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top