JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
UTAH SUPREME COURT PROTECTS RIGHT OF EMPLOYEES TO DEFEND THEMSELVES AT WORK: "We conclude that the policy favoring the right of self-defense is a public policy of sufficient clarity and weight to qualify as an exception to the at-will employment doctrine."

A decision by the Utah Supreme Court on Wal-Mart's firing of employees who exercised self-defense when confronting an armed shoplifter.

----

There are 66 pages you can download. This would not impact company rules which state things like - do not physically prevent ...

It appears to only apply to cases where the employee felt they had to defend them self - not the store.

Would this apply to the workers who feel they have to carry / use an FA or other weapon ?

im not certain this changes anything.... they can still fire you for violating workplace policy.

I would be fired then I guess. I can always find another job. Better my family have an unemployed me than a dead me.

And I bet I could get glowing references from all of the employees I saved. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads