JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never really understood the cammo craze.
Having been in the Army I get why we used it then and there...
But I do think the cammo craze is goes a little to far sometimes.
At a recent trip to a sporting goods store I spotted cammo underwear , knives , first aid kits and flashlights.

Unless you are sneaking around in someone else's bedroom , what's up with the cammo undies?
I would hate to drop my cammo knife.
If I need first aid , I want to see the kit right away.
And I would think the light being on would negate any use of the cammo for the flashlight.

Interesting article though.
Never found a rifle while hunting , but I have found a knife and ammo , at various times.
Andy

And it just gets worse Andy...once the camo underwear comes off....well, you know:

camoflauge-condom.jpg

My father had a small gear bag that was surplus WWII item, in OD green.

He kept deer hunting gear in it for field dressing the deer.

I borrowed it once for hunting. I was in a thinned woods area with a lot of ferns. I shot a deer from a trail. I set the bag down on the trail so I could find the trail again and went to find the deer about 20 yards away as it had fallen dead in the ferns.

I found the deer after a few minutes, but it took me an hour to find that bag again.

It isn't just camo - color counts for a lot too - that OD bag was very close to the color of just about everything else in those woods.

I've set rifles against trees, but never lost them. I think that would be kind of hard to do, but maybe not.

I was deer hunting with a fellow.. Elderly he is but a great guy!
I was on a walk around.. He was posted on a blind near the truck..
It was a rather windy day, trees making lots of noise. Large stands of ponderosa, with large loose hunks of bark. Well my friend leaned his rifle up against a tree.. Did his business a few yards away.. Came back and the rifle wasn't there. he thought og maybe it was that tree over there? An hour later I get back to the truck. Hey your missing something important.. Ughh really? I spent a day looking around the whole area. Never did I lift up a 4' long hunk of bark that the wind blew loose.
I frequent the area often but its very rural, so I stopped and chatted with a few locals. Let them know we have something missing. 2 years later in the spring, some mule deer antler hunters found it. And took it into the local small town...

guess I just don't under how you LOSE a rifle! Boggles my mind
Well, you see... I was in a boat this one time... And there was an accident...

Never really understood the cammo craze.
Well, when you mix paint, boredom, and guns together.... What else is gonna happen?

Honestly, I never lost a gun... Lost a lot of things, but never a gun. Then again, everytime I bring a gun out its on a sling. Except in pictures... And those times in boats...

I remember when i was a kid living in New york my dad had found a Winchester lever action in the woods, the stock was completely missing not due to degration, it was just detatched. As i recall him and his friend somehow managed to tie it to a tree with a string and chamber it, he told me it blew up. i didn't see it for myself but i can just imagine a shattered and banana'd chamber/barrel

You really gotta watch it with guns and boats, I hear they have a lota accidents on them thar boats. I set my shotgun down on the pop up duck blind of the ducky boat and took me several min to find it! Damn Camo!!!

You really gotta watch it with guns and boats, I hear they have a lota accidents on them thar boats. I set my shotgun down on the pop up duck blind of the ducky boat and took me several min to find it! Damn Camo!!!
precious metals too. Lots of gold and silver in the bottoms of lakes all across this nation. Everybody loves to go canoeing with their gold and silver stacks..

i have a Remington 721 in .300 H&H Ackley Imp with a vintage Lyman Alaskan on it. Was found on a stump with a lunch bucket, old Mauser bayonet that has been ground to a hunting style blade, old Hitler Youth compass, box of hand loaded ammo and a few other items.. Like the guy said I'm done hunting.. And walked away.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top