JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks,

Here is the result of today's rifle vs pistol on 1/4" steel. This hunk of metal was taken from an old fireplace insert.

A2005F28-0AA2-42C0-89CB-A94812A7FD4C.jpeg
7.62x51, 24" barrel, 150gr, 50 yards
5.56x45, 16" barrel, 55 gr, 50 yards
.38 Special, 2.5" barrel, 130 gr, 10 yards
.357 Mag, 2.5" barrel, 158 gr, 10 yards

Really shows the difference between "cover" and "concealment" when facing different firearm platforms.

As the saying goes: a pistol is so you can fight your way to a rifle.

Safe Shooting.

Always enjoyable trying out that kind of thing.

I worked for a company back in Nevada that did banks physical security.

During remodeling or new installs I'd get my hands on some of the BR glass or shielding they put in the walls of the counters. Was fun shooting it with various stuff.

Just don't use mild steel on a regular basis. Ricochets are much more likely due to the projectile not breaking apart on impact.

Oh, and cool picture.

Just don't use mild steel on a regular basis. Ricochets are much more likely due to the projectile not breaking apart on impact.

Oh, and cool picture.
I remember when a bullet fragment came back my way and embedded itself in my belly fat roll. Last time I chose not to wear safety glasses

I remember when a bullet fragment came back my way and embedded itself in my belly fat roll. Last time I chose not to wear safety glasses

I had that happen at an indoor range actually. Guy next to me was shooting hand loads out of his .44 magnum. Kinda cool to get "shot" at a gun range.
:D

This is what gets me when people say that an AR15 is the perfect home defense weapon.

Look up penetration tests on youtube with pistol calibers and .223

.223 dumps most all of its energy / velocity into the first thing it impacts while tumbling. Many pistol rounds will continue through initial impact with enough energy to keep going and be a problem.

Look up penetration tests on youtube with pistol calibers and .223

.223 dumps most all of its energy / velocity into the first thing it impacts while tumbling. Many pistol rounds will continue through initial impact with enough energy to keep going and be a problem.
I disagree. Seen the vids goin both ways.
Besides, common sense says that most defensive pistol rounds are hollow point that clog and dump velocity.

I disagree. Seen the vids goin both ways.
Besides, common sense says that most defensive pistol rounds are hollow point that clog and dump velocity.

The last time I offered this information to someone a 30 second google search provided a video showing one example. Opinions vary.

edit: here's a video on youtube that took me 30 seconds to grab that shows 9mm fmj and .223 fmj penetrating the same distance through drywall, but the 9mm hollowpoint went through 4 more sheets of drywall than the .223 vmax did.

Makes me want to get a bone in ham dressed in denim and a couple sheets of drywall and do some redneck testing. My gut tells me varmint bullets out of a 223 would not over penetrate .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top