JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are many slings out there to decide from. I have heard good things about vickers but don't really know what to look for specifically. Any recommendations on brands, what features to look for and what to avoid. I'm interested in a 2 point for an ar

IMG_2800.PNG IMG_2801.PNG

There are many slings out there to decide from. I have heard good things about vickers but don't really know what to look for specifically. Any recommendations on brands, what features to look for and what to avoid. I'm interested in a 2 point for an ar

I actually like the cheap magpul sling eithout paraclips or anything, then I use parachute to attach it to the gun. Seems to work well, light and quite.

For 2 point slings, I like The Slingster by Ferro Concepts. It has a ring for quick adjustments, works better than the VTAC tab IMO. There are some YouTube videos on it.. Only problem is they're usually sold out, but if you add your name to the "notify" list, they are pretty good about sending an email reminder when fresh stock arrives.

I have at least eight magpul sling and have a half dozen more rifles that need them. It would be nice to find a good sling for about half the price of a magpul if it's possible.

The expensive part of the Magpul sling is the hardware. If you don't want the single point option with the QD points, you can find a bare Magpul sling with just the adjustment slider for around $25 if you shop around.

The expensive part of the Magpul sling is the hardware. If you don't want the single point option with the QD points, you can find a bare Magpul sling with just the adjustment slider for around $25 if you shop around.
You have to have some way to connect to connect the rifle to the sling or it isn't much use to me.

You have to have some way to connect to connect the rifle to the sling or it isn't much use to me.

Depending on the rifle you are using, some already have natural attachment points more so than others. Some stocks for AR's can be looped around and used as a single point sling. For example the Magpul MOE stock could be used as a point just by looping it through the stock.

If the desire is for a 2 point, some AR's have QD points incorporated into the forend, some don't.

I buy from opticsplanet and primaryarms watching the sales and coupons, you can get the Magpul sling with all the QD stuff cheaper, $50 or less. If you review a product at opticsplanet you get a 7% off coupon. Sometimes they do as much as 14-15% off during promotional coupons, but you have to be patient.

It is a Springfield saint with fixed front sight. So I have a sling swivel? Up front and in the back I have qd point or loop it through the stock. Thanks for the info so far

It is a Springfield saint with fixed front sight. So I have a sling swivel? Up front and in the back I have qd point or loop it through the stock. Thanks for the info so far

SAINT™ AR-15 Series - Springfield Armory

If that is the rifle you have, what I would do (because I like having the option of doing single point AND two point depending on what I am doing.

There are two routes for you regarding the magpul sling. Either one will work with the back end since it has a QD mount and both slings have a QD mount in the back..

Magpul offers 1 sling option that has QD on both ends. You would need to put a keymod QD mount on the forend to be able to use it as a two point. Something like this: BCMGUNFIGHTER KeyMod Quick Detachable Sling Mount

OR

you could get the other Magpul sling offering that has QD on the back end, and the clip attachment on the front end. You could still use it for a single point, but, then if you wanted to two-point sling it you could attach the clip part to the sling swivel already provided on the rifle.

Here are the two sling options:

Magpul MS4 Dual QD GEN 2 Multi-Mission Sling Up to 29% Off w/ Free Shipping — 4 models

Magpul MS3 Single QD GEN 2 Multi-Mission Sling Up to 28% Off w/ Free Shipping — 4 models

Blue Force Victory or Vickers with push buttons is simple and good.
Anything Blue Force is extremely well made....not a stitch out of place.
(do not like the slick seatbelt material that some makers use)
Push-Button-Sling-Multicam-tropic-600x400.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads