JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking at buying a rifle scope but have no idea what I am looking at. I see that the price range on these things vary greatly.

I am not a hunter but want something I can target shoot with (338). i do not need or want all the bells and whistles, but I would like something that is easy and good for a novice to use - simple is better here.

is there anything that fits this request around say 300 bucks?:s0155:

+1 for the vx-II. Leupold's have good glass, good eye relief, a good warranty, and they're made in the U.S. I've got a VX-II on my 300WM and I've used it on pronghorn in dwindling light at 290 yards, and elk in heavy rain at a little over 300 yards.

In the last three years I've put about 500 rounds through that rifle, and the scope has never lost zero. Compared to the Zeiss that my brother has, I can't tell a difference in glass quality.

If you're only going to be target shooting, you may want a higher top end depending on the ranges you're shooting at.

Perfect - thanks for all the responses. I have direction now.

yup target shooting with a 338? I got the gun super cheap and I like firing it. I just need some good control over my rounds and I'll be good to go. who knows maybe I'll hunt with it later.

If you get a scope that is 10x or greater, get one with parallax adjustment. Many of the newer low end scopes have a fixed parallax setting. Leupold sets their low end 4-12x and the Redfield 4-12x parallax to zero at 150 yds. Nikon sets theirs at 100.
No problem on deer or elk, but lacking for load workup and target shooting.
If you stay below 10x it's not nearly as important.

i like the burris ffII way better than a vxII. its brighter in low light and has a b drop comp 3X9 for 200 bucks.

check out bear basin outfitters in kali. they have fair prices and ship same day.

Another vote for Leupold they are a local company. VXII is a a great scope for the money.

...and another vote for Leupold - I have four of them on various rifles and a handgun. Never any problem at all.

And if there ever should be, they are just a Max-ride away to Beaverton.......

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

I am a Leupold fan. My main scope is a Leupold, but I have more than one gun and can not afford to do that on each gun. I would like to put in a good word for Vortex. I have bought two Crossfires from the Vortex guy at the Gun Show.($169). I am completely happy with the clarity and reticle system. I put one on my .270 and have shot it at the range out to 300 yards. If you would like to look through both, message me and I will meet you at Tri-County and you can look through both. It is the easiest and best way to make a decision.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top