JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is from Reddit - take the source as you would - but the story has a ring of truth

"Uniformed DPD then picks up rifle and sweeps it back and forth across the entire crowd while "inspecting" the trigger, safety and bolt. Finger on trigger.
Crowd scatters, I nearly dive for cover. Woman with toy gun just looks confused wondering why everyone is shoving to get out of the way."

So I had a loaded rifle pointed at me yesterday at the airport... : Firearms

I will on occasion scan reddit/dgu for Defensive Gun Use stories.

Interesting story, and you would think if it was their job to check weapons that they would be trained in handling them without having to have three other people involved!! The guy behind the counter at Bi-Mart does better than that!!

No surprise. The last time I got swept with a loaded rifle was when a local SWAT officer was training at a range. I was behind the yellow "clear" line, and Mr. SWAT shot some targets downrange, and as he was moving to another position to shoot, he broke the 180 degree line and clearly swept his rifle across my belly...I was a good 10 feet behind the yellow clear line too. The issue was reported to the range officer. Officer goober didn't even realize what he had done.

As a former firearms trainer, I have zero tolerance for such lousy gun handling.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top