Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rifle night sights

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by TXgunslinger, Dec 2, 2011.

1. TXgunslinger

TXgunslinger TX New Member

Anyone have a rifle that they wish they had night sights for but are not available.
    I am thinking of designing the apertures for night sights but don't know which rifle would be best. AR has them already, AK does too but they are kind of expensive. Galil can have them redone.
    Any ideas...?

Thanks

2. TXgunslinger

I use H3 vials. I made some for the Uzi A-model and sold them to a guy who liked them. Might try my hand at that again. Any other ideas out there?

3. Rascals

Rascals Portland Or Active Member

Where did you get the vials?

4. TXgunslinger

I have my sources.....I am more interested in the apertures though.
    Maybe some flip-ups like on the Galil. The ones I see for other rifles are pretty thick
    so accuracy during the day must suffer.

5. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

6. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

What about putting some in a set of folding back up iron sights? That way any rifle with a picatinny can use them. I had an AR15 with the Trijicon setup and the front sight post is instinctive to pick up at close range inside darkened house etc. Outside, in darkness away from lights the three dot setup is easy to see and get used to. I never fired it at night but I liked the idea it provided a reference in darkness if you have no light. Living around cities, sometimes people forget how dark "dark" can be... :)