JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wondering what sort of liability you have as a "maker" or someone who builds a rifle, then sells it to someone else? If it malfunctions, are you liable? I assume some level of liability if you were a manufacturer.

If you are serious about that question, you should only trust the advice of an attorney, because, well, this is the internet, and they let anyone contribute to wikipedia here...

If you were "just wondering", always assume you are liable for everything unless expressly protected under statute, and even then, assume you will still be sued in civil court.

I only buy or build firearms I intend to keep, so I'll make sure my wife knows to have any purchaser (after my demise) signs an "as is" waiver. None of my manufacturer AR's are stock since at a minimum they get upgraded non factory triggers.

I only buy or build firearms I intend to keep, so I'll make sure my wife knows to have any purchaser (after my demise) signs an "as is" waiver. None of my manufacturer AR's are stock since at a minimum they get upgraded non factory triggers.

Yeah, that's my position too now...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR