JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just about to start a thread about what people do for a shower/bathroom gun. I haven't really come up with anything great and stopped taking my pistol with me when I shower. Probably need to work on that.

Mines all rusty , a all steel revolver is not the best choice

I used to just take my Glock and put it in the drawer and close it for moisture purposes but stopped at some point and don't recall when or why I stopped. Lazy and complacent i guess. Recipe for disaster.
There are alot of lower end polymer guns now . You could get a 250 dollar pistol and leave it in there as long as you don' have kids or guest that use it

There are alot of lower end polymer guns now . You could get a 250 dollar pistol and leave it in there as long as you don' have kids or guest that use it
I honestly don't let people in unless they are close friends or family and nobody under 21 has ever come in. Maybe this is a good role for a police trade in.

I am overly cautious about who know where I live and very few (3 people total) have been inside our newly built home. I have several layers of security and never exit my physical home to the attached garage without being armed. We live in despairing times for allot of people that are willing to do whatever is necessary to get the funds or merchandise for there next "fix".
Be vigilant my NWFA friends!
Put up some game cameras if you haven't already and take a look once a week .it's a good heads up on if there are unknowns lurking

I have to be satisfied with having my Guardian Smurf (i.e. Little Blue friend) just outside the bathroom door. I don't have any "disposable" guns I can leave to rust.
Our front door is arranged to allow me to see who is there from the side before opening. No, I never answer the door unarmed.

We even get nervous about bringing people to the house when I have something to sell on craigslist.
I stopped bringing unknown's to my home about ten years ago. If I have a vehicle to sell, I meet them in front of the local Police Dept anything else I don't want anymore is offered to friends or given away to charity, just isn't worth the unintended consequences.

I stopped bringing unknown's to my home about ten years ago. If I have a vehicle to sell, I meet them in front of the local Police Dept anything else I don't want anymore is offered to friends or given away to charity, just isn't worth the unintended consequences.

Yes, I have given things away too because of the risk. What a sad world.

I have less risk because of where I live, but people answering ads sometimes come from out of town. Also, we have our share of druggies that I worry about. The last time I sold something, two sketchy guys showed up and were eye'Fing my gun safe in the garage and I was fairly spooked. I don't think I'll be doing that anymore.

Yes, I have given things away too because of the risk. What a sad world.

I have less risk because of where I live, but people answering ads sometimes come from out of town. Also, we have our share of druggies that I worry about. The last time I sold something, two sketchy guys showed up and were eye'Fing my gun safe in the garage and I was fairly spooked. I don't think I'll be doing that anymore.

I still do it on occasion. There are certain things that are just to good to give or throw away. If I do, I drag it out into the driveway and close all the doors so no one can see into my shop or garage. Or I will load it up into my truck and bring it to work and meet them.

The last time I sold something, two sketchy guys showed up and were eye'Fing my gun safe in the garage and I was fairly spooked. I don't think I'll be doing that anymore.
I had the same experience at my last residence. The last time I moved is the last time I had anyone that I don't know to my home. I too wish we all lived in Mayberry, sadly we don't.

I had the same experience at my last residence. The last time I moved is the last time I had anyone that I don't know to my home. I too wish we all lived in Mayberry, sadly we don't.

Things used be different there would be a bad apple here or there , but any idiot can get on the net with the cell his mommy gave him. its hard to believe that morons make arrangements to rob someone for there cell phone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top