JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
I suppose that the big vendors have plenty of business right now, and there's certainly no surplus of inventory, so under these circumstances it's probably not worth their time to bother with. It's quite the hassle to load up a bunch of inventory and set up at a show for the weekend.

If I've got to wear one, so do you! Guessing you can't make it because you or a loved one is sick with Covid! I don't like the mask mandate either, but in a Covid petri dish like the Polk County Fair Grounds, it might be best to follow the State issued mandate. I respect the right not to wear the mask. My problem is with the gun show staff being too chicken to ask/suggest following the rules post on the door. Its all about the money. If it were the Ebola virus the same people would complain about their rights to go unmasked/unprotected. Right to the end. My point is I was one of three people wearing a mask, in a room of 200 or so gun show attendies. BTW, I have not taken the Covid shot-that IS still my right.
You have every right to do as you are told and wear a mask, I doubt anyone at the shows would tell you to take it off. Ironic that crowds have always been a petri dish and only with the creation of covid did anyone demand mask. I have been to gunshows for decades and don't remember anyone wearing mask. Fauci himself says mask don't work but I can see his reasoning to force them on the public. Mask pedal fear and fear pedals jabs which fills Faucis pockets with cash.

Speaking of cash, it looked like prices were about 35% more than what you could buy online for. I saw pmags for $25 that magpul sells for $19. The vendors haven't had a lot of shows so it only makes sense they raise their prices some. More shows and prices would come down if everything else stays equal.

I've got nothing planned for this day and haven't ever been to this show. Looks like my morning has a purpose now. I'll just have to check it out.

I suppose that the big vendors have plenty of business right now, and there's certainly no surplus of inventory, so under these circumstances it's probably not worth their time to bother with. It's quite the hassle to load up a bunch of inventory and set up at a show for the weekend.
Part of the problem is the waiting period Oregon has implemented. It not explicitly written in law. They found another way to make it happen, just allow the transfers to back up. And another benefit to the waiting period is it has hurt gun shows.

The problem with the BGC delays is buyers won't buy from dealers that are not local to them. If a vendor goes to a show far away and transfer is not approved right away, the buyer has to go to the dealers business to pick it up later. If the dealer is a distance from the show he loses the sale. If you are a vendor without a brick and mortar store that makes a bigger problem.

I know a few dealers that would normally hit the show circuit. I big part of their business is shows. They can't sell as many guns at the shows for this reason.

Was looking at the instant BGC regulations and made me think of all the District Attorneys failure to prosecute these violent antifa types are allowing thousands of violent people access to guns they would not have under other circumstances.

The people who were setting fires to police cars, attacking senior citizens on the streets, blocking the frwy and breaking car windows (not to mention murdering people), have no criminal records and are free to legally buy "high power, large capacity" death weapons.

If I've got to wear one, so do you! Guessing you can't make it because you or a loved one is sick with Covid! I don't like the mask mandate either, but in a Covid petri dish like the Polk County Fair Grounds, it might be best to follow the State issued mandate. I respect the right not to wear the mask. My problem is with the gun show staff being too chicken to ask/suggest following the rules post on the door. Its all about the money. If it were the Ebola virus the same people would complain about their rights to go unmasked/unprotected. Right to the end. My point is I was one of three people wearing a mask, in a room of 200 or so gun show attendies. BTW, I have not taken the Covid shot-that IS still my right.

you have the right not to get the shot, then I have then right not to wear a mask. GTFO

people are always going to whine about a gunshow.

Last Edited:
you have the right not to get the shot, then I have then right not to wear a mask. GTFO

people are always going to whine about a gunshow.
Exercising a "right" is not always the right thing to do.
Doing the right thing is not always easy, or comfortable, but it is still the right thing.
Best,
Gary

Exercising a "right" is not always the right thing to do.
Doing the right thing is not always easy, or comfortable, but it is still the right thing.
Best,
Gary
The "right" thing for you in this case may not be the "right" thing for me.
I for one refuse to be part of the social experiment. I don't get vaxxed for the flu or anything past childhood vaccines, I'm not going to wear a mask, and I'm especially not going to tell people to get vaxxed or mask up, that is your right and should never have been mandated by the govt.
Not going to keep discussing it in a gunshow thread.

Part of the problem is the waiting period Oregon has implemented. It not explicitly written in law. They found another way to make it happen, just allow the transfers to back up. And another benefit to the waiting period is it has hurt gun shows.

The problem with the BGC delays is buyers won't buy from dealers that are not local to them. If a vendor goes to a show far away and transfer is not approved right away, the buyer has to go to the dealers business to pick it up later. If the dealer is a distance from the show he loses the sale. If you are a vendor without a brick and mortar store that makes a bigger problem.

I know a few dealers that would normally hit the show circuit. I big part of their business is shows. They can't sell as many guns at the shows for this reason.
I don't think you mean BGC I think you mean Oregons new "waiting period", forced by OSP no law no vote no problems. Another way the state is forcing people to pay another tax and just get a concealed permit and no wait. Also part of the problem all the CHL holders get pushed thru and normal folks without one wait up to a month.
That's why I don't buy at gun shows, I can't purchase there and leave with a firearm.

I went to the show today and thought it was worth the nearly hour drive. Lots of neat old guns to look at even if I wasn't going to buy them. It is a gun "show", right? There's a bunch of stuff that I'm not too interested in, but there were many drool worthy firearms. Many guns at reasonable-ish prices. Reloading supplies and ammo were kinda high in price for the most part, but there were some gems to be found.
I bought this (52 rounds) at a better price than marked and was tickled to death. Now I need to go visit Tim and pick up that rifle. :D

75 bucks worth.jpg

I don't think you mean BGC I think you mean Oregons new "waiting period", forced by OSP no law no vote no problems. Another way the state is forcing people to pay another tax and just get a concealed permit and no wait. Also part of the problem all the CHL holders get pushed thru and normal folks without one wait up to a month.
That's why I don't buy at gun shows, I can't purchase there and leave with a firearm.
What is this new waiting period you type of? I was under the impression that covid panic buying along with the influx of first time gun buyers backed up the OSP FICS log. I'm very grateful for my CHL and will always cherish the perk of auto approval. I think I took notice around March or April of 2020 that things were backing up and there was no change in laws at the time that caused the back log for non CHL holders to get 2000+ reviews behind. I've heard it getting north 3500+ but I'm guessing that insanity may be settling down now.

Sure, there was more than the usual number of tables of non-gun stuff (I actually saw the fabled table of sequined purses), but there were PLENTY of guns.
I don't recall if it was Costa Mesa or Albany where the gal sets up like 8 tables of crystal stemware and other glassware but it's getting ridiculous with the influx of swap meet garbage inventory and other like trinkets. The cheap taser vendors that constantly crack off the low voltage noise makers almost non stop drives me nuts. Promoters can do better. An off the cuff analogy here for gun shows would be is, it's like walking into a christian book store that sells dildos. Take your garbage back to the flea markets and swap meets!

Last Edited:
What is this new waiting period you type of? I was under the impression that covid panic buying along with the influx of first time gun buyers backed up the OSP FICS log. I'm very grateful for my CHL and will always cherish the perk of auto approval. I think I took notice around March or April of 2020 that things were backing up and there was no change in laws at the time that caused the back log for non CHL holders to get 2000+ reviews behind. I've heard it getting north 3500+ but I'm guessing that insanity may be settling down now.

I don't recall if it was Costa Mesa or Albany where the gal sets up like 8 tables of crystal stemware and other glassware but it's getting ridiculous with the influx of swap meet garbage inventory and other like trinkets. The cheap taser vendors that constantly crack off the low voltage noise makers almost non stop drives me nuts. Promoters can do better. An off the cuff analogy here for gun shows would be is, it's like walking into a christian book store that sells dildos. Take your garbage back to the flea markets and swap meets!
the New wait period is the OPS's semi-permanent backlog of uncleared back ground checks, no reason over 1000 people should be in the que as a norm for over a year now. i have gone into the que at 2000 and been cleared the following day and i have gone into the que at 2000 and waited over two weeks, their system for running background checks is clearly broken, I have had FFLs call to check on background checks and clearly the OSP checker was at home with dogs barking and kids playing in the background. no incentive to produce.

gunshow background checks should probably be prioritized as if they were CHL holder back ground checks, put at the top of the list knowing neither FFL or the buyer will be at that location permanently.

I have had FFLs call to check on background checks and clearly the OSP checker was at home with dogs barking and kids playing in the background. no incentive to produce.
Welcome to covid customer service. I've been routed to 3rd world countries on two non related issues and heard phone representatives roosters going off in the background. 🤦‍♂️

Last Edited:
I don't think you mean BGC I think you mean Oregonws new "waiting period", forced by OSP no law no vote no problems. Another way the state is forcing people to pay another tax and just get a concealed permit and no wait. Also part of the problem all the CHL holders get pushed thru and normal folks without one wait up to a month.
While it's not 100%, most people with CHLs are done in 30 mins. Granted they usually already have a gun as well so a long wait may not be a deterrent.

The "right" thing for you in this case may not be the "right" thing for me.
I for one refuse to be part of the social experiment. I don't get vaxxed for the flu or anything past childhood vaccines, I'm not going to wear a mask, and I'm especially not going to tell people to get vaxxed or mask up, that is your right and should never have been mandated by the govt.
Not going to keep discussing it in a gunshow thread.
It is quite obvious that you and I have very different ideas.
Regardless of that, I would like to commend you for your civil response.
Civility is more important than masks, or vaccines.
Best,
Gary

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews