JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Have to agree with you Dust 2 Dollars..........I love this show but feel the general concern about the unknown will really hurt the turnout.

Dang it all..........!

Speaking of beanie babies and gun shows- this seems to have gained mythological status over the years, the ultimate example of the fallen state of gun shows as an American institution or something.

You know what? I loved beanie babies at gun shows, when my kids were little. The family would come with me to the occasional show, and there was always someone with a bin full of beanie babies for a couple bucks each. The kids loved them; it kept them happy, so I loved them! I've never understood why their presence at gun shows offends some people so much.
I recall 3 or 4 tables of cheap crystal stemware. Then there's always that annoying a-hole vendor that cracks off those tasers off all day. I'm pretty sure that wasn't at Rickreall, most likely Albany if my memory serves me right. I hate those swap meet tazers.

Speaking of beanie babies and gun shows- this seems to have gained mythological status over the years, the ultimate example of the fallen state of gun shows as an American institution or something.

You know what? I loved beanie babies at gun shows, when my kids were little. The family would come with me to the occasional show, and there was always someone with a bin full of beanie babies for a couple bucks each. The kids loved them; it kept them happy, so I loved them! I've never understood why their presence at gun shows offends some people so much.
I think the Beanie Babies are just an easy target (see what I did there?) for non gun stuff at gun shows. I can see the need to sell tables but non gun related stuff shouldn't bump gun stuff. At one gun show I was next to the pumpkin spice candle lady. They were strong enough that my eyes were watering and she had a bunch of them going. People commented that my ammo smelled like the candles. I just told them that once you start shooting the ammo it willl smell like freedom again.

So far at least there should still be guns for sale, the problem might be the background check lag. I was told from a local gun dealer that even with a concealed carry permit the wait was still a day or so and getting worse. Non CHL's were in the weeks wait time period. Meaning that if you buy a gun from a non local to you dealer you'll have to drive a bit to go pick it up when you pass the "instant" background check. Ammo is cash and carry but in limited supply. I will be makeing a list of ammo needs/wants so I know what to make moving forward.
Not my experience. I've done four or so ffl exchanges this past month. No wait. No CHL either.

If someone gets bounced out of the system for a manual check, that's another thing all together.

I think the Beanie Babies are just an easy target (see what I did there?) for non gun stuff at gun shows. I can see the need to sell tables but non gun related stuff shouldn't bump gun stuff. At one gun show I was next to the pumpkin spice candle lady. They were strong enough that my eyes were watering and she had a bunch of them going. People commented that my ammo smelled like the candles. I just told them that once you start shooting the ammo it willl smell like freedom again.
I never thought about beanie babies as targets; that's a great idea! Around our house they're chew toys. When the kids got a puppy, I told them they better be very careful to put up anything they didn't want destroyed. They didn't listen, and the little demon-dog destroyed nearly every stuffed animal in the house.

I agree about the crackling tasers and smelly candles. Stuff like that is more annoying than the beanie babies, sequined purses, polished rocks and jerky that I've learned to ignore.

I guess I enjoy the gun show itself, even a bad one, even when I'm not looking for anything in particular. I went to the McMinnville show this weekend. It's a Collectors West show that we all know is the same old guys with the same old junk, but I still enjoy it.

I even bought some primers for less than half of what they cost anywhere else. Sure, they're older than I am by a decade or two, but they still work fine for shooting at the range, and I could probably sell the empty boxes on eBay as collectibles. :)

I've been telling people for well over 28 years that Rickreall is my favorite smallest gun show on the west coast. Hope my legs and crap back will hold me up for a couple laps around the building.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top