JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rickreall gun show next weekend, December 8th and 9th at Polk County Fairgrounds just south of downtown on Hwy. 99. Doors open at 8:00 on Saturday, 9:00 Sunday. $5.00 admission unless they changed it this year.

This can be a very crowded show so if you like personal space get there early!

Disclaimer: no affiliation - just posting for the common good.

It is comparable in size to the Hillsboro and Canby shows. It can be crowded but the quality of the tables is usually pretty good! I usually try to make this show at least once every other time the show comes around.

In my opinion I would rather spend the gas money to drive to Rickreall and attend that show ($5 entry/$0 parking) than pay the outrageous prices asked at expo shows. Miwall is usually there and has far better prices than Portland. Good selection of stuff, small venue but I there are no beanie babies or jerky tables!
Plus I have friends that live in the area, so it is a win win for me.

Slightly off topic, but I've wondered this for a while. Private FTF sales require a background check when happening at a gun show in Oregon, right? And where does the actual gun show start and stop? Would a FTF sale in the parking lot or across the street be legal without the NICS check?

That being said, the only thing I don't like about going to Rickreal is driving past that dairy pond...

Miwall will be at this show and in the past they have had some pretty good ammo prices. I've bought their factory reload 9mm and it's great plinking ammo. Price last time was $90 for 500 rounds in a plastic ammo "can". I'll be there on Saturday too.

Any private transaction initiated at a gun show, whether the transaction takes place on site, in the parking lot, or across the street legally requires an Oregon state BGC. <---- pretty sure about this.

I've been waiting all year for this show, so I'm defiantly going:). Does anyone know why Miwall didn't come up to Portland this year? I don't remember seeing them at the expo center, and their calendar only showed them coming to Rickreall, and that's the furthest north.

I've been waiting all year for this show, so I'm defiantly going:). Does anyone know why Miwall didn't come up to Portland this year? I don't remember seeing them at the expo center, and their calendar only showed them coming to Rickreall, and that's the furthest north.

The question is, why would MiWall waste their time driving to portland? Anymore the Portland shows suck! You pay more than retail on everything there, pay a premium to park and sell off your first born to get in the door! Why not go to a show that has reasonable cost and they are slammed busy all weekend selling to people at FAIR prices. Portland shows are a waste of money in my opinion, I quit attending several years ago.

It's a good show I haven't been for a few years but would travel from Hillsboro to go. Also works out well a buddy of mine has a farm down in that area so I can go shooting afterwards! Win win.

Is this one worth going to versus the portland shows?

Please only pdx area residents reply.

I like it. It's on a par or better than the Hillsboro shows and much better than PDX. I don't go to PDX what with the admission and parking or the hassle involved in not paying the parking. It's also a pretty nice drive (at least from my direction).

Biggest problem with Rickreall is when it's close to my wife's birthday. The show is then proportionately more expensive and any guns never end up being mine.

I went today, first thing in the morning. The show opened at 8:00, but Miwal thought the show didn't open until 9:00, so they were late opening and by the time they got the covers off the tables and the computers booted up, there were lots of guys waiting around their tables waiting to buy ammo. First group of guys bought a hand truck load of .40, probably 8000 rounds. Prices were slightly higher than last time they were in Rickreall. I bought a .30 cal ammo can of 9mm factory reloads, 1000 for $189. I've shot their reloads before and they are good to go.

Not I've been to 100's of fun shows, but I've never seen such a crowded gun show.

I agree the show was packed at 8:20 when I arrived. No luck finding a Shield though... Left there at 10:30, drove back to Portland to Keiths, than to NW Armory where I actually got to hold a .40 Shield that a customer had ordered... Then finished up at Fishermans in Tigard. Long day and ended up empty handed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top