JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

ht_rick_perry_shooting_range_ll_120106_wblog.jpg

ABC’s Michael Falcone and Arlette Saenz report:

Ready, aim fire. That’s apparently Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s idea of relaxation before returning to the campaign trail this weekend.

Ahead of Saturday night’s ABC News-Yahoo-WMUR debate in New Hampshire Perry took a few moments to himself at an Austin-area shooting range.

“Just relaxing a bit @ Red’s Range before we leave for New Hampshire!” @governorperry tweeted Friday along with a photo of himself wearing a green sweatshirt and a baseball cap with a firearm in hand.

On the campaign trail, Perry, a staunch defender of second amendment rights, has not been shy about talking about his “long love affair” with guns.

“It was a long love affair with a boy and his gun that turned into a man and his gun, and it turned into a man and his son and his daughter and their guns,” Perry told reporters before a pheasant hunting trip with Iowa Rep. Steve King in October. “It’s, I think, one of the great American traditions is taking your family hunting.

And Perry often boasts about the time he allegedly shot a coyote who threatened his daughter’s dog while on a morning run.

“You know the second amendment allows me to go to jogging with my daughter’s dog over here and if it coyote comes out, I can take care of it,” Perry said at the Des Moines Register Soapbox at the Iowa State Fair in August.

In a 2010 KTRK interview during his gubernatorial race, Perry called the shooting range “my golf.”

On Friday, Perry showed up at Red’s Indoor Range, which according to its website, “has been in the shooting range and retail firearms business for over 20 years, proudly serving central Texas with two high-quality indoor shooting facilities as well as two retail locations with extensive inventories of firearms, ammunition, and accessories.”

Perry has decided not to compete actively in New Hampshire where a new poll shows him at the bottom of the GOP field with 1 percent, preferring to turn his attention to the contest in South Carolina instead. But Perry appears to have an uphill climb in the Palmetto State too. A newly-released poll there also found him bringing up the rear with 5 percent support in a state where he once led.

The media is always quick to portray Perry as an idiot. Not sure about you, but I would much rather have this guy in the big chair than the current occupant. Imagine a WH shooting range! :s0155:

i too would much rather have him than the current idiot as president but truth is.....perry is an idiot too.
i really wanted him to shine early on but they have eaten him alive already making him stumble for words too much.
the way i see it even romney is better than obama,even if he is not 2a enough,he is not the communist we have now.

The media is really good at destroying people they don't like, as well as promoting people they do like. Perry is not nearly as bad as they make him out to be.

I would rather have no "leader" at all or a total idiot in charge than a straight-up liar for a President.

Anyone else remember this:

Perry would be a major improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am saddened at how people place so much emphasis on debating skills, how presidential a candidate looks, appearances, etc. That is so superficial! Focus on people's character, values and leadership skills. Character and leadership skills need to develop over a lifetime. The superficial stuff can be learned on the fly. Unfortunately, such strategy doesn't win elections.

People have short memories. Anyone remember O's early debate performance with hillary? He sounded like an idiot as well. Why do you think he needs a teleprompter? Besides, being good at public speaking does not make a good president...as should be plain to everyone. Perry has a record to run and so does Obama now!

The media is always quick to portray Perry as an idiot. Not sure about you, but I would much rather have this guy in the big chair than the current occupant. Imagine a WH shooting range! :s0155:

I think it's awesome he is a gun guy but that doesn't take away from the fact he's an idiot.

Ron Paul is the true 2A candidate by far, but unfortunately the whole political process is a sham. Completely controlled and manipulated by TPTB. We don't matter and our so-called rights to 'vote' don't matter.

What If "They" Are Lying to Us about Ron Paul? - YouTube

What these other candidates SAY about the 2nd Amendment is meaningless because they are mere puppets and professional actors/liars. Order takers. Cardboard standees. Useless. That of course includes the current puppet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top