Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rick Perry for Prez?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Sasquatchvnv, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

2. scrappydoo

scrappydoo Federal Way Active Member

Who, Rick Perry the prophet? His own state hates him, and he thinks he can get traction nationally?

3. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Too true......and the saddest part is unless you are a globalist tool a candidate has as much chance of being elected as you or I. Political office on the national level is just a shelf where the real powers store their puppets.

4. Checker

Checker pdx Member

Rick Perry wanted to secede from the States. I want a president that believes in the term "united".

Kevatc and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Sasquatchvnv

Nevermind.

6. robertg

robertg Sandy Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Rick Perry was Al Gore's campaign manager in 2000
    What a scumball.

7. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how any serious candidate could consider adding Palin to their ticket as an asset. She is all about her, isn't very smart or conversive on the issues, and I can't see her being happy with being the second name on the ticket.

8. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

Perry is a RINO and can't make it through the primaries most of the country won't want a texas gov

Palin doesn't seem to have the stomach for the grind in DC she is better where she's at

And anyone who thinks that the folks at bilderberg would pick either of these two dosen't get how they work. They'd want someone with more leverage and more salesmanship like Romney or Newt.... or Obama

9. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Watch the polling. Whoever polls best in the next year with Independents will get the GOP nomination. Independents will decide the 2012 election. I'm thinking it will be another hold my nose and vote for Romney election, although I am rooting for Bachmann. The left dismisses her as a fool, but if you really listen to her she is one of the sharpest candidates in the GOP crowd so far.

10. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

I agree with Cougfan2 Bachmann is really sharp but I don't think she can win over the indies. Romney gets cred for being a good business man (not really sure why) and that will help him against Obama if the puppetmasters let him run. I'd like to see someone who understands international business in the white house and of course a commander and cheif worthy of our soldiers.

11. scrappydoo

scrappydoo Federal Way Active Member

I don't know how far Bachmann will go, but I bet she drops out from all the scrutiny. There's just too much stuff she's said or done that can be used against her. Like wanting to slash medical and benefits for vets. Mrs. Anti-Gov't handouts has had her fair share of federal money. Her family farm which she receives dividends from has taken almost $260k in subsidies. Her husband's clinic has received $30k between federal and state monies. Right now there's not really a strong candidate for the gop so it could be anybody. But right now the real players won't run and be the sacrificial lamb.

She'll also have to deal with all the stupid stuff she's said, and those quotes are plentiful:

Speaking about Melissa Etheridge’s cancer - “This may be an opportunit*y for her now to be open to some spiritual things, now that she is suffering with that physical disease. She is a lesbian.”

"And what a bizarre time we're in, when a judge will say to little children that you can't say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it."

"I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?"

"There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design."

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president Jimmy Carter. And I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence."

"[Gay marriage] is probably the biggest issue that will impact our state and our nation in the last, at least, thirty years. I am not understating that."

"Normalization [of gayness] through desensitization. Very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders is take a picture of 'The Lion King' for instance, and a teacher might say, 'Do you know that the music for this movie was written by a gay man?' The message is: 'I'm better at what I do, because I'm gay.'"

"But we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States."

"It is a brand new, billion-dollar high speed train that is going to go from Disneyland up to Las Vegas...Harry Reid, the Senator from Nevada, was behind this measure, and it makes us wonder, is he more interested in making sure kids start gambling at younger ages?"

"The President of the United States will be taking a trip over to India that is expected to cost the taxpayers $200 million a day."

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas."

"If we took away the minimum wage -- if conceivably it was gone -- we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level."

"already decided that they’re going to partition Iraq... And half of Iraq, the western, northern portion of Iraq, is going to be called…. the Iraq State of Islam, something like that. And I’m sorry, I don’t have the official name, but it’s meant to be the training ground for the terrorists. There’s already an agreement made."

Kevatc and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

Of course Bachmann will get lots on Palin style media scrutiny, she's a female Republican.

Every public figure makes gaffes, heck our vice president is Joe gaffe-a-day Bidin.

I don't feel like cutting and pasting Obama gaffes right now, gotta go pick up a new pistol at the gun shop.

I'm not sure about Perry just yet. I did hear that he thought his predecessor Bush was a big spender.

13. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. You're talking about Michele Bachmann, the Republican Congresswoman from Minnesota Michele Bachmann??? I haven't heard anything from her yet that strikes me as "sharp". Two things are for certain to me: 1) she is so incredibly anti-gay that she can barely hide her disgust and in the process certainly has a holier than thou attitude about deciding for others how she feels they should live their lives and how they should fit into her definition of America (I thought small government was the domain of Repub's???). It's obvious her Oral Roberts University education has everything to do with her "thoughts" on the issue. Second, the timing of her entering the HOR couldn't have worked out any better. Her hard right politics coincides with the rise of the TP which has given her a lot more voice than she would've had otherwise.

14. Sasquatchvnv

The Tea Party parade came to DC, and dang if Bachman and her ilk didn't jump right to the head of the line just like it was their idea in the first place...

The best way to defeat the opposition is to lead it.

15. Nigel_Vertigo

Nigel_Vertigo [REDACTED] New Member

I'm voting for Ron Paul no matter who ends up on the ticket. Everyone else is either a joke, a RINO, or a status-quo politician who will just continue the crap started by Bush and Obama.