JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been there several times.. Last time to inquire about some "smithing"..their attitude is totally unfriendly..and arrogant.. For the project I was inquiring about..he wanted my weapon for two weeks..and $175.. Found another smith..who did a very professional job..overnight..for $25.. That about sums it up..in my book..

The guy got the biz from his family,who originally had it in Lake O.
Too bad he didn't get his fathers customer service skills,for each time i have been in there his attitude is very poor.
Doubt if i will ever go back.

Last time i went into Rich's it was to ask about having a rifle rebarreled.
As soon as he told me he only uses Douglas barrels,and no one elses,i headed for the door.

Went there once to check it out. I was having problems with my PSL-54 side rail and asked them if this was the type of thing they worked on. The guy there not only didn't know what i was talking about, he didn't seem interested in understanding, and simply said "Bring it in and we'll take a look." Not particularly friendly and didn't inspire any confidence.

Took my Norinco there that i am looking for parts for - instead of ordering new parts he tried to "fix" the extractor pin (welded it). Worked for 6 rounds and then broke. Ordered a new extractor pin myself for 1/3 of what he charged me to "fix" it and am looking for a new slide. At least he is willing to try and fix firearms, but I would have much preferred if he had ordered parts. Didn't warm up to me too much either. Can't say anything negative, just relating my own experience and preference.

tyghguy - I've recently been referred to Johnny at the Shooter's Service Center in St. John's area - might need an introduction to get in to see him though.

I avoid Rich's gun shop like the plague. Unfriendly. Know-it-all. NO customer service skills. Uninterested in helping you in any way. Can you say HIGH PRICES??? I also call their so called "gunsmithing" expertise into question.

I wouldln't send an enemy there.

Had a scope bore sighted for $10 at Rich's. Wouldn't hit paper at 25 yards. Gave him the benefit of the dought and took a Ruger SA to have a grip frame swapped. Said it would be no problem. A week later went to pick it up and frame fit poorly but could machine fit it for a fee above the $60 already. Asked to have the original frame put back on and charged me $90 more. Cost me a $150 for him to learn that grip frames need to be fitted and not just changed. Over priced and under skilled IMHO.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top