JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know it would be hard to shoot the moving dog like that,especially when it's in attack mode,but crap,those rounds could have killed more kids.
Oh well that's life in the jungle

Wouldn't pepper spray be better on an attacking sog rather than shooting away in a neighborhood
Don't know. Maybe it would have stopped it ,maybe not.
Pepper spray isn't thee end all some folks want it to be.
Me? I wouldn't use it on a bet. I wouldn't want it coming back in my face.

Yes if that was my son I would own that department!
Nope. He was hit while they were doing their job,collateral damage. They'll be found without fault.
It's a bad thing but it was almost Darwinism. He should have know better than to go anywhere near those cops,dog or not.
Sad deal but again,life in the jungle.

Yes if that was my son I would own that department!

You might get something out of their insurance, but you'd likely have to use it to defend yourself in court for criminal charges.The dog had already bit an officer. The boy was allowed to restrain it. The thing goes bad when the dog gets away and attacks again and it gets shot (and doesnt die) and the boy takes a richocet and so does another officer.

Bad day for all.

Nope. He was hit while they were doing their job,collateral damage. They'll be found without fault.
It's a bad thing but it was almost Darwinism. He should have know better than to go anywhere near those cops,dog or not.
Sad deal but again,life in the jungle.

You might get something out of their insurance, but you'd likely have to use it to defend yourself in court for criminal charges.The dog had already bit an officer. The boy was allowed to restrain it. The thing goes bad when the dog gets away and attacks again and it gets shot (and doesnt die) and the boy takes a richocet and so does another officer.

Bad day for all.

I get it guys and I know that the officer was just doing his job. I guess it brought back some thoughts and I jumped. I would never want to live in there shoe's they do a tuff job.

So assuming the surface was concrete, how high would the bullet climb ?
Not deform and go along the ground a few inches up. Would the cop have had FMJ?
Asphalt?
The boy was hit in the chest.

The dog was out and attacking, I don't want the cops bit/hurt.

But ask yourself,
If you were there, defending your family, friend or child. Where would you be sleeping tonight?

Not too many places let you skip shots off the deck. Hard to test.

I keep thinking Tazer seems a much better choice for this application. Knowing your backstop is so critical. You have to own your ricochets. I would want to see them tried for manslaughter honestly. It may be unintentional but their recklessness killed.

I feel if anything we should hold police to a higher standard of obeying the law and an expectation of training.

My dad still lives there I haven't been back there for over 20 year's the gangs and the scumbag 's from L.A. Have changed it into a giant getto in the desert

I once got pulled over outside of Lancaster, cop was hammered, smelled of Whiskey. He never asked for license or registration, threw a bunch of tickets with nothing written on them through the window. It was very perplexing.

I keep thinking Tazer seems a much better choice for this application. Knowing your backstop is so critical.
I'm not sure someone could help out with this but I think a tazer only work 's if both darts it the target to transfer electricity from one to the other hitting a running dog chances are slim pepper spray probley better option

I'm not a fan myself of the 9mm 147 gr Winchester Ranger T-Series ammo that the LAPD use in their handguns. I know that law enforcement wants tough bullets that offer deep penetration. But the downside is that I believe such heavier, slower, and tougher bullets are also much more prone to ricochet.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews