JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Must be an idiot convention in Eastern, WA this week :(

LOCKDOWN: Richland, WA student busted for bringing gun to school

By Herald staff
Richland
-- The Richland School District is reporting Richland High School was on lockdown for five minutes this morning after two students reported seeing a fellow student showing off a gun.

The school was locked down at 11 a.m. while administrators and the police department's school resource officer tracked the student down in a classroom and arrested the student two minutes later, according to a news release.

The officer reportedly found an unloaded gun in the student's backpack. No ammunition was found.

The incident is under investigation.

Read more: <broken link removed>

On the one hand it was a stupid idea in today's world.

On the gripping hand it really SHOULDN'T be. I wish more people were used to being around firearms, then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Hey I graduated from there, but from what my brother says it's not surprising. Apparently its become quite the ghetto school in the area, which is sad because it was a great school when I was there 10 years ago.

When I was in high school 50 years ago, you could walk out to the student parking lot during hunting season and see rifles hanging in the gun racks. Nobody thought anything about it back then! We live in sad times.:s0092:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top