JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just looking at an RIA 10 mm
Had the G 10 grips with a mag funnel, the Bomar type low mount rear sight , An accessory rail built into the frame , in short, all the bells whistles.
I also looked at Remington's long slide version A couple of Colts and a Kimber.
The RIA was the Equal of any, and better than most. Very tight fitting and well made.
It was 280.00 less than the Remington. The Colt 10mm With a rail was not there but they run 1200 plus !
The RIA was 750.00 , I been looking for a real nice 1911 in something not a 45 or a 9mm.
If i had not Gotten hit and run by an uninsured driver last Saturday, i would have bought it.
I am waiting to see how much my insurance comes through with , so sort of scare to spend money now....
But that sucker was nice ! i like to buy usa stuff but quality deserves to be rewarded !
...tj3006

I was just looking at an RIA 10 mm
Had the G 10 grips with a mag funnel, the Bomar type low mount rear sight , An accessory rail built into the frame , in short, all the bells whistles.
I also looked at Remington's long slide version A couple of Colts and a Kimber.
The RIA was the Equal of any, and better than most. Very tight fitting and well made.
It was 280.00 less than the Remington. The Colt 10mm With a rail was not there but they run 1200 plus !
The RIA was 750.00 , I been looking for a real nice 1911 in something not a 45 or a 9mm.
If i had not Gotten hit and run by an uninsured driver last Saturday, i would have bought it.
I am waiting to see how much my insurance comes through with , so sort of scare to spend money now....
But that sucker was nice ! i like to buy usa stuff but quality deserves to be rewarded !
...tj3006

When this co first got started they were cranking out some real garbage. It was under a different name then. First time I saw one it was a 1911. The price is what stopped me. About 40% of what a Colt or S/A ran. The guy handed it to me and I could see why. It felt like a toy. Soon the guy who started it hired some people who really knew their way around the guns and started importing FAR nicer ones. This was when the 1911 with all the "extras" were rare. Most came pretty basic. If you wanted extra's you had to pay to have them done and it was expensive. These guys started importing one with all the extra's at a price about 75% of the cost of the others base. They also came with a full guarantee to work or be fixed free. Suddenly everyone who would admit to buying one could find nothing wrong with them. Even one of the gun rags writers who quit, said he was shocked. He said up front he bought it expecting it to be sub par at best. He said he was shocked to find it was VERY nice for the price. They have now long lived down the days of people being ashamed to admit they bought one. I expect if you get the one you're looking at you will be very happy with it.

I have a RIA in 10 mm, probably the twin to the one you were looking at. While not quite as nice as a Colt or others, You do get more then your money's worth. Mine didn't really need any thing when I got it, But I couldn't help the OCD in me and so I did a full strip and corrected a few things, and installed a few improvements simply to make it run better and longer. BUT, out of the box, it was more then expected, and That was surprising in a great way! Seriously, I would grab one if I were you, You will not likely regret it!

I don't know about their 10mm Auto version, but I've had a standard RIA M1911A1 in .45 ACP since early 2007. New it cost next to nothing, though that was, naturally, a decade ago. Though basic, it has been a solid piece. I changed the sights and the grips, but other than that, it is stock. As it does everything a 1911 is supposed to do, no complaints.

ria.jpg

I've been tempted to pick up one of their wheelguns just because, but that is another topic.

This one was better than the colts they had. I like colts. I would love to say the colt was better but this thing was tight like a vault.
I would love to see a Springfield Range officer in 10mm and in 38 super.

Bought my first RIA gun late last year - a 1911 in .22TCP and 9mm (came with barrels for both). While the finish isn't as nice as some other 1911's I've owned, I am impressed with the overall quality of the gun for the price. Certainly not a POS gun. I'd love to add a 10mm into the mix at some point.