JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rock island has been a get what you pay for brand in my experience, but they do function. Mostly. That MSRP of $900 would make me think twice because I don't necessarily think they're a thousand dollar brand but I don't think you'd end up with a lemon

For what its worth I had this:

ROCK Ultra MS - 45 ACP | Armscor International, Inc

It ate everything I put in it(FMJ/JHP various brands) and worked with a plethora of 1911 mags. The one you have is the one I was originally after but I just couldn't find it in stock at the time. shot fine, carried fine, worked fine. From hearing around RIA are just fine entry level 1911. Accurate out of the box for what I needed from a combat sight pistol from a 1911.

Buy MEC-GAR mags and be g2g.
Mec-Gar 1911 9mm 10-Round Anti-Friction Magazine (gunmagwarehouse.com)
Currently out but should give you an idea.

For what its worth I had this:

ROCK Ultra MS - 45 ACP | Armscor International, Inc

It ate everything I put in it(FMJ/JHP various brands) and worked with a plethora of 1911 mags. The one you have is the one I was originally after but I just couldn't find it in stock at the time. shot fine, carried fine, worked fine. From hearing around RIA are just fine entry level 1911. Accurate out of the box for what I needed from a combat sight pistol from a 1911.

Buy MEC-GAR mags and be g2g.
Mec-Gar 1911 9mm 10-Round Anti-Friction Magazine (gunmagwarehouse.com)
Currently out but should give you an idea.
I have the FS Tac 45, it's a great pistol. Has eaten everything thrown at it, and has made short work of some Wolf steel case .45 with some hard primers that my CZ was having trouble with.

I have it's bad arse big brother, the 10 mm non railed version, and besides the fiber optic front sight, it's an amazing piece! Rock solid, reliable, accurate, and affordable, plus, they have a lot of the choice mods as factory, stuff you would pay a lot more for from other manufactures! Hard to beat at the asking price!
Only mods I had to have were the Trit nite sights a must have for a carry piece! :cool:

I have the TCM version and it was giving me fits at first. I tore it down cleaned it and put it back together and has been great since. It has lots of edges that tear your hands up though like any 1911 style that hasn't been cleaned up. I have ran the Remington mags in it and they have been good and cheaper than the factory ones.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top