1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

RIA or AC2?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Krazyrngr, May 10, 2010.

1. Krazyrngr

Krazyrngr Tacoma Member

ok I thought I was dead set on gettin me the RIA tactical but just noticed that american classic has a 1911 that comes in hard chrome for the same price as RIA dull matte nickel. Granted I like shiny guns I looked into it and seems people like both of the guns, the price is nice on both, they both made in the phillipines Armscor for RIA and Metro Arms for AC2. Ive heard nothing but good things about service for the RIA, havnt heard anything of service from Metro though. im still uncertain what features are different between their "tactical" models. Anyone have any other info they have on the American Classic 1911? Thanks all
  2. shoggoth80

shoggoth80 Greater Seattle Area Member

I own a RIA Tactical. Shoot the snot out of it, and love it. I have heard VERY good things about Metro Arms though. Seems that anyone who has owned either the American Classic, or the RIA Tactical have nothing but good things to say.

RIA Tactical has Novak style sights (though slightly shallower dovetails), skeleton trigger, commander hammer, high rise beavertail w/speedbump, beveled magwell (GI probably does too), ambi safety, FLGR.
  3. Krazyrngr

Krazyrngr Tacoma Member

On the ac2 i was lookin at it also had the skeleton hammer, 3 hole trigger, beavertail, couldnt tell what kinda sites were on it though, I need to find the picture it looked exactly like a RIA tactical,

found a pick of the AC2
    Caliber: .45 ACP
    Overall Length: 8.375”
    Barrel Length: 5”
    Height: 5.5”
    Width: 1.25”
    Weight (empty): 37.28 oz.
    Frame: 4140 Steel
    Slide: 4140 Hammer Forged Steel
    Single Action
    Novak-Style Rear Sight
    Dovetail Front Sight
    Flared Ejection Port
    Extended Slide Stop
    Beavertail Grip Safety
    Combat Hammer
    Combat Trigger
    Front & Rear Serration
    Extended Thumb Safety
    Throated FORGED STEEL Barrel
    Front & Rear Slide Serration
    Checkered Hard Wood Grip w/ Diamond Cut
    8-Rd Magazine w/ Bumper Pad
  4. sports-shooter

sports-shooter Seattle East Side Member

The equivalent of the RIA tactical is the MA AC2 Deluxe. The only difference I can see is that the RIA tactical has ambidextrous safety.
  5. Mason

Mason The Kingdom of Masonia New Member

I have a FireStorm/American Classic both the same except for the roll mark (I'm talking Metro arms not the old spanish Llama). Its a great gun. Its blued but same otherwise.. Has been flawless and accurate shooter. It is Mil Spec.. I got it a couple of years ago from LGS was just under $400. NIB. They do have several warranty centers in the US the closest to here is Colorado Gun Works in Fort Collins, CO.. They are great people too. Its a series 70 and will put it up against most of my 1911s at twice the price..

Dont own a rock but have shot several and cant say anything bad about them either.
  6. bdb benzino

bdb benzino Albany OR Member

I have owned 2 different RIA's that were both good shooters, and a Springfeild Loaded and all three of those got cut from the roster, where my Firestorm/ACII stayed and is smoother and better fit and finished than the others! I love mine and still can not beleive how nice this 1911 is for the $. FYI the slide is forged on the ACII where they are not on the RIA's. Good luck!