JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sure, it's not a Wilson Combat or Ed Brown, but Rock Island makes a serviceable 1911 and it's hard to beat that price...

Link here

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Wonder how RI stacks against the Tisas 🤔
Cerakote and CHF barrel, different caliber aside
I've had both a RIA and a TISAS 1911, full-sized in 45 ACP.

In my experience, my TISAS was hands-down a much better firearm. Function, fit, finish, reliability - my TISAS ran circles around my RIA.

Now if TISAS was more expensive than a RIA, then the comparison wouldn't be fair. But I believe if you compared an $400 RIA to a $400 TISAS, the TISAS would win almost every time.

That is not to say that a $400 RIA (or any RIA, for that matter) is a poor firearm. Quite the contrary. RIA makes great, inexpensive 1911's. (They make great higher-end 1911's too.) I'm just saying that the TISAS is surprisingly much nicer.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Cheers.

I've had both a RIA and a TISAS 1911, full-sized in 45 ACP.

In my experience, my TISAS was hands-down a much better firearm. Function, fit, finish, reliability - my TISAS ran circles around my RIA.

Now if TISAS was more expensive than a RIA, then the comparison wouldn't be fair. But I believe if you compared an $400 RIA to a $400 TISAS, the TISAS would win almost every time.

That is not to say that a $400 RIA (or any RIA, for that matter) is a poor firearm. Quite the contrary. RIA makes great, inexpensive 1911's. (They make great higher-end 1911's too.) I'm just saying that the TISAS is surprisingly much nicer.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Cheers.
I'll echo this also.

I have one of the 2 tone Tisas GM .45s, and one of the Beretta 84 clones.

Both shoot great, and fit/finish second to none.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top