JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fairly new to handguns. I have a couple of autos (22lr, 9mm and 40 S&W) but have no knowledge when it comes to revolvers.

Soooo, looking at the Rhino 40DS. Yea it's ugly and odd, but if I have to scratch an itch for a revolver might as well go with something that'll scratch the heck out of the itch.

Anyway what is a 40DS?
I have an FNX 40S&W any relation as far as S&W versus DS??

Yea I was thinking of one of those too. That's a face only a mother could love. Still waiting for one to show up in a Sci Fi movie.
Couple of issues have me on hold though.
1) The Mfgr is not what you would call a top tear company.
2) Since you shoot from the lower chamber on the cylinder, gotta watch the fingers. They have a video that shows you how (and how not to) hold the revolver.
3) Initial production looks a little rough. Their fit and finish is not what I would like.
4) I you look at the internals, there's a lot of little parts.

If you are looking for your first 357 I'd pick a classic. Blackhawk, 686, Vaquero, Colt. You will have a revolver to be proud of. If you're really set on the Rhino, I'd give it a while till their production guys work out the kinks.