Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Rhino 40ds???

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Starship, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Starship

Starship NE Portland Active Member

Fairly new to handguns. I have a couple of autos (22lr, 9mm and 40 S&W) but have no knowledge when it comes to revolvers.

Soooo, looking at the Rhino 40DS. Yea it's ugly and odd, but if I have to scratch an itch for a revolver might as well go with something that'll scratch the heck out of the itch.

Anyway what is a 40DS?
    I have an FNX 40S&W any relation as far as S&W versus DS??

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

3. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Yea I was thinking of one of those too. That's a face only a mother could love. Still waiting for one to show up in a Sci Fi movie.
    Couple of issues have me on hold though.
    1) The Mfgr is not what you would call a top tear company.
    2) Since you shoot from the lower chamber on the cylinder, gotta watch the fingers. They have a video that shows you how (and how not to) hold the revolver.
    3) Initial production looks a little rough. Their fit and finish is not what I would like.
    4) I you look at the internals, there's a lot of little parts.

If you are looking for your first 357 I'd pick a classic. Blackhawk, 686, Vaquero, Colt. You will have a revolver to be proud of. If you're really set on the Rhino, I'd give it a while till their production guys work out the kinks.

4. FMJ 911

FMJ 911 Snohomish, Washington Active Member

When they get all the bugs worked out, I'm getting me one of them there guns!

I like revolvers anyway.